Broken crossfader in Traktor S2 MK3. How to fix?

gijoo
gijoo Member Posts: 14 Newcomer

My Traktor S2 MK3 stock crossfader (channel) is dead. I found some info that Innofader Plus S (solder) fits to S2 but the price (100$) is way to much... There was a posts at forum  eg. user Devon Damnit  https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/upgraded-the-crossfader-on-s2-mk3-from-stock-to-innofader-plus.342253/

...but now they are all gone

Has anyone replace this fader? I searching for cheaper options (maybe something from aliexpress eg. B10KX2)

Tagged:

Comments

• gijoo

Anyone? Please help!

• Deejayenzo
    Deejayenzo Member Posts: 42 Helper

hello, 4 years ago I replaced the crossfader of my s4 mk3. I start by saying that I wanted to use it to scratch in my performances but in the end it wasn't performing enough and then after a short time rane one came out of a much higher level also in the crossfader. I tell you that the mini innofader is much better than the original crossfader. you can adjust it to your liking while the original one cannot be adjusted or calibrated in any way. the difficulty is that every time you have to disassemble the entire rear panel of the console. the installation is simple but i had to add some shims because once mounted it was too protruding outwards. I also filed the small iron rod that protrudes from the outside (about half a cm less). I also don't know if it's a manufacturing problem with my model but in the last 3 years it has lost its calibration 3 times, once even during a DJ set . every time I had to disassemble the rear panel with lots of screws and calibrate it. it is not a comfortable action. surely the original crossfader is not a strong point of the s4 mk3. mini innofader plus is better but consider calibration and installation issues. let me know if you have any other questions.

• Deejayenzo
    Deejayenzo Member Posts: 42 Helper

hello, 4 years ago I replaced the crossfader of my s4 mk3 but I didn't change the channel fader. I start by saying that I wanted to use it to scratch in my performances but in the end it wasn't performing enough and then after a short time rane one came out of a much higher level also in the crossfader. I tell you that the mini innofader plus is much better than the original crossfader. you can adjust it to your liking while the original one cannot be adjusted or calibrated in any way. the difficulty is that every time you have to disassemble the entire rear panel of the console. the installation is simple but i had to add some shims because once mounted it was too protruding outwards. I also filed the small iron rod that protrudes from the outside (about half a cm less). I also don't know if it's a manufacturing problem with my model but in the last 3 years it has lost its calibration 3 times, once even during a DJ set . every time I had to disassemble the rear panel with lots of screws and calibrate it. it is not a comfortable action. surely the original crossfader is not a strong point of the s4 mk3. mini innofader plus is better but consider calibration and installation issues. let me know if you have any other questions.

• gijoo

the only thing i want to know is what was the parameters (or part number) of the cross-fader originally mounted on this model (s2 mk3). i can handle the rest - mounting/dismount/soldering is piece of cake for me