Buying a native instrument hardware like keyboard controller or a Mashine

Mikinha
Mikinha Member Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2023 in Komplete General

Hi

I do have a Komplete 13 Ultimate Series that I bought last year. That was from that great sale before 14 came in.

I was planning to used with my old keyboard controller but it does not work well. Now I see the necessity of buying a Komplete Control S- series. I plan to buy the 61 keys.

My question is : can I use my software with the hardware Komplete S series without buying again the software? Do I qualify for any type of upgade to 14.

I also plan to buy a macbook pro M1 2021. It this the right Mac?

Please, help me with this questions.

Thank you,

Best Answer

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,110 admin
    Answer ✓

The software bundled with the MK2 keyboards comes as a free add-on so you'll receive it regardless (even if you buy your keyboard second-hand). You'll receive Komplete 14 Select which means you would quality for an upgrade from Select for Standard or Ultimate. With that said, your ultimate license would probably already give you a better deal on an upgrade.

As for your Macbook Pro M1 from 2021, it should definitely do the trick

Answers

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,110 admin
    Answer ✓

The software bundled with the MK2 keyboards comes as a free add-on so you'll receive it regardless (even if you buy your keyboard second-hand). You'll receive Komplete 14 Select which means you would quality for an upgrade from Select for Standard or Ultimate. With that said, your ultimate license would probably already give you a better deal on an upgrade.

As for your Macbook Pro M1 from 2021, it should definitely do the trick

• MLW
    MLW Member Posts: 12 Member

I own Komplete 14 on my mac m1 using a Korg Triton and thinking of purchasing a second hand S61 Native keyboard.As I already have access to all instruments on my daw what would be the benefit for me buying an S61 select with the software which might be K13.Is it possible to access the instruments I have already on my mac on S61 or will I have to upgrade the select wth a further update charge?

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,268 Expert

If you already own K14, with a S61 you’ll have access to all of them (NKS functionalities included)

• MLW
    MLW Member Posts: 12 Member

Thank you for your response helpful..