Issues with Application Installation Path

Logan Wall
Logan Wall Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hey all, I'm waiting on Support to get back with me, but hoping someone has navigated this issue already. I'm installing NI Komplete 13 on a brand new MacBook Pro running OS Ventura. 16 GB memory, and 1TB SSD. Pro Tools 2022.12 This is not my first time installing NI via Native Access, but certainly is the first time for this issue. I'm guessing it may be related to support with the M2 Pro Chip, but hoping I'm wrong. The issue is as follows:

When installing the instruments all is well except that the folder that should contain applications (/Applications/Native Instruments) remains empty after successful installation notification from Native Access. (It does correctly install Kontakt, Kontakt 5, Kontakt 7, Reactor, Battery, etc.) Thinking it may be a bug I open Pro Tools, launch Kontakt successfully, and it's empty. I go to locate the instruments via "Files" and because the application folder is empty there is no way to import appropriate files. I'm installing the content on an external drive (Lacie 5TB) and everything installs correctly there. It's almost as if there are no application files downloaded whatsoever? I have searched my computer high and low and have not found any trace of them. I should also mention I have tried turning off Firewall, Firevault, I have turned on Full Disk Access, as well as Folder Permissions to read and write within the /Applications/Native-Instruments folder. All of this to no avail. Fingers crossed some brilliant person out there has a fix for this! Thanks!

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,688 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey Logan, there will only be folders in the Applications folder for the NI applications/programs, like Kontakt or Reaktor, Massive, etc....more info about that here: Which Applications do the KOMPLETE Content Products Belong To?

If you open Kontakt in standalone, do the libraries show?

What is the format of the external hard drive? On a recent mac OS it should be formatted to APFS: Notes on Hard Drive Formats on Mac Computers

If the format is correct, then check that Kontakt, ProTools, Native Access and also the NTKDaemon all have Full DIsk Acesss: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

For the NTKDAemon you can find how to add it to the Full Disk Access here.

Hopefully that's helpful!

• davidnmarin
    davidnmarin Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Solved kind of. Erase all installation path folders and use repair button on native access and direct to external hard drive.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,688 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey Logan, there will only be folders in the Applications folder for the NI applications/programs, like Kontakt or Reaktor, Massive, etc....more info about that here: Which Applications do the KOMPLETE Content Products Belong To?

If you open Kontakt in standalone, do the libraries show?

What is the format of the external hard drive? On a recent mac OS it should be formatted to APFS: Notes on Hard Drive Formats on Mac Computers

If the format is correct, then check that Kontakt, ProTools, Native Access and also the NTKDaemon all have Full DIsk Acesss: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

For the NTKDAemon you can find how to add it to the Full Disk Access here.

Hopefully that's helpful!

• davidnmarin
    edited March 2023

Same exact problem.. Everything work for years until native access 2. Losing days of production every time native instruments makes a change is becoming a losing battle.

• davidnmarin
    edited March 2023

Finally was able to get logical mind back after 8000 miles of travel. Still cant get thumbnails back. I deleted the correct files restarted. Repeated for 2 days. Nothing.

Solved kind of. Erase all installation path folders and use repair button on native access and direct to external hard drive. I will be going to the jungle soon and will have electricity but no internet. Offline mode would be better.

• davidnmarin
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Solved kind of. Erase all installation path folders and use repair button on native access and direct to external hard drive.