Komplete Kontrol Buttons & Cubase Shortcuts

Veldrijder
Veldrijder Member Posts: 10 Member
edited March 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

With the generic controller in Cubase and Komplete control I have mapped a few buttons and assigned these CB shortcuts. Only that the switch is on toggle and you have to turn off and on to "turn off" the command is a little annoying. For example, to open the mixer window I switch once (light goes on), to close the window again I have to switch back and then again. It would also be great to be able to create a Komplete control track in Cubase via the button.

Does anyone here have an idea for this.

Peace all over the world

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,577 Expert
    Answer ✓

My guess is Cubase shortcuts are triggered only from a NoteON or CC127 command so do not recognise the OFF (CC0) command or a NoteOff command.

This is pretty common so it would mean in KK you want to set your buttons as momentary

This will then of course mean you do not have an On/Off state indicated by the button but for shortcuts it would not be needed.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓

My guess is Cubase shortcuts are triggered only from a NoteON or CC127 command so do not recognise the OFF (CC0) command or a NoteOff command.

This is pretty common so it would mean in KK you want to set your buttons as momentary

This will then of course mean you do not have an On/Off state indicated by the button but for shortcuts it would not be needed.

• Veldrijder

Sorry for the late reply.

You're right, the trigger mode does what I want, except that the "light" stays on.

Thank you

• JesterMgee

Yeah the LED won't follow the "state" of what you control because you are triggering a shortcut which is a single trigger so it doesn't have an on/off state, just a momentary trigger. Also, there would be no midi feedback to affect the LED either. That's how it will be.

• Veldrijder

Switching back and forth from a template lets the LEDs return to their initial state. This can also help if the illumination is disturbing.