Can't seem to update Kontakt with new Komplete 13

Spencer Boatman
Spencer Boatman Member Posts: 8 Member
edited February 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hello, I have had Komplete 11 installed on my computer. But when I recently updated to Komplete 13 I installed the libraries on my external hard drive.

The issue: not all files have been moved or repaired to the external hard drive. New content download to the external, old repaired/updated content was replaced on the computer drive.

When I go to use an instrument in Kontact in Pro Tools this pops up (bottom attached photo). How do I move everything to the external hard drive?

I go to preferences. Set my libraries to the external hard drive. Then click repair, update or reinstall on certain programs that need it. It goes to my computer drive and updates there. NOT on the external drive I want it to go to.

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

if you update/repair/reinstall an existing library without fully removing it per the instructions on the Support page, NA will install to the location previously specified and will ignore any new paths set in NA. Luckily for Kontakt Libraries, you can Physically move the library to a new Drive, NA will report that the library needs repair, then you use NA to point to the new location. Updating from that point on will go to the new location. There are two articles that will help clarify the process, just go to the support page and search “Relocate”. Would post the links, but the forum won’t let me…🤔

the issue with the PT message is that you are trying to load a library designed for use in Kontakt 6 with Kontakt 5 that is normal as they are not backward compatible. What you need to do is install Kontakt 6 which should be available in NA, it is just called “Kontakt”, check the not installed tab

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

@Spencer Boatman These should be the two articles Blindeddie mentioned:

Moving a Native Instruments Product to Another Location on Your Computer

Using the Repair Function in Native Access

Keep us updated on how it goes

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

if you update/repair/reinstall an existing library without fully removing it per the instructions on the Support page, NA will install to the location previously specified and will ignore any new paths set in NA. Luckily for Kontakt Libraries, you can Physically move the library to a new Drive, NA will report that the library needs repair, then you use NA to point to the new location. Updating from that point on will go to the new location. There are two articles that will help clarify the process, just go to the support page and search “Relocate”. Would post the links, but the forum won’t let me…🤔

the issue with the PT message is that you are trying to load a library designed for use in Kontakt 6 with Kontakt 5 that is normal as they are not backward compatible. What you need to do is install Kontakt 6 which should be available in NA, it is just called “Kontakt”, check the not installed tab

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

@Spencer Boatman These should be the two articles Blindeddie mentioned:

Moving a Native Instruments Product to Another Location on Your Computer

Using the Repair Function in Native Access

Keep us updated on how it goes

• Spencer Boatman
    Spencer Boatman Member Posts: 8 Member

Hello! Thank you guys again for that help. Idk where I would be without this forum.

I moved the products to the external harddrive and I had a dozen that needed repair. So I reinstalled them to the computer, moved them to the harddrive then deleted them from the computer. Thank you again! If I run into any hiccups I will come back and ask