[Coming soon] Mark your calendar for KOMPLETE 14

Comments

• Jonathan Green
    Jonathan Green Member Posts: 9 Member

Unless Komplete Kontrol can be updated to Mac M1, I’m afraid this s of no use as I am severely visually impaired.

• Notecrusher
    Notecrusher Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

It's bizarre. After all the time and resources poured into Reaktor Blocks it has seemingly disappeared from the product roadmap. Not to mention bedrock products like Absynth being dc'd and Battery never seeing an update. Even the sainted Massive X gets expansion packs but only the most basic integration with Komplete Kontrol. I miss the days when NI had a few products and continuously improved them.

• AlexOne
    AlexOne Member Posts: 4 Member

I own Komplete 13 Select bought with a wonderful S61 MKII. The chart tells me that I am eligible for the version KOMPLETE STANDARD for 399€ as a KOMPLETE 13 user.

Two questions: - "Will I get OZONE 10 and Battery 4"?

"Will the amount of 399€ (discount as a Komplete 13 select) rise after 27th of September? Pre-order sounds like, buy before 27th or price will be higher?

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert
    edited September 2022

"Will I get OZONE 10 and Battery 4"

Yes.

"Will the amount of 399€ (discount as a Komplete 13 select) rise after 27th of September? Pre-order sounds like, buy before 27th or price will be higher?"

I doubt that, but I'm no NI staff. It would be cool if that could be clarified.

To be honest, I don't get this whole Pre-order thing because it doesn't really make sense? There doesn't seem to be any bonuses for ordering early (unless it's indeed a 'price will increase after release' thing) and with K14 seemingly being 'download only' now, NI doesn't have to be afraid that they can't ship boxed versions due to overwhelming demand...

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 292 Pro

Monochrome

To be honest, I don't get this whole Pre-order thing because it doesn't really make sense?

The only thing I can think of is to possibly gauge the level of interest, or service any GAS.

Making the updates more appealing might increase the level of interest.

• F1308
    F1308 Member Posts: 81 Helper
    edited September 2022

A download only version is sadly a no buy for me.

• AlexOne
    AlexOne Member Posts: 4 Member

Thanks, I agree with you. To make sure I get KONTAKT 14 Standard at 399€, I’ll buy this update the day before 27th!

The only thing i’d like to complain about is….

2 weeks ago, while I didn’t know anything of Komplete 14 release, I was about to get Electric Mint, Battery 4 and Ignition Keys, which total cost is 307€!!!!

Almost the same price to get Komplete 14 Standard for me!!!!!

• Jonathan Green
    Jonathan Green Member Posts: 9 Member

…or you could wait to see what happens on Black Friday. Pre+ordering anything is pointless for all except NI coffers

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 292 Pro

F1308

A download only version is sadly a no buy for me.

Has this been indicated ..that 14 will be download only?

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert
    edited September 2022

On all editions' buying page, the field for switching between 'Download' and 'Product Box' is grayed out. Online retailers (e.g. thomann) also just list it as a download version. This could be an indication, but could also mean nothing. We shall see. Still would be cool if someone from NI could clarify this.

• F1308
    F1308 Member Posts: 81 Helper
    edited September 2022

Well, I can't see any hardware based offer so far.

They might be waiting for SSDs with USB 4 Version 2 capability...😀😀😀😉, what else ?

• Russellmus
    Russellmus Member Posts: 53 Helper

It’s also odd that the list is inkomplete (I couldn’t resist). No mention of Kontakt 7 or the Izotope and Plug-in Alliance stuff 🐸

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@tempsperdu says

Has this been indicated ..that 14 will be download only?

Hey I can confirm there are no physical hard drives planned for K14 atm.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
  • Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

@Monochrome said:

"Will the amount of 399€ (discount as a Komplete 13 select) rise after 27th of September? Pre-order sounds like, buy before 27th or price will be higher?"

I doubt that, but I'm no NI staff. It would be cool if that could be clarified.

I can confirm the price will remain as is.

This discussion has been closed.