Grand Piano sound Native instruments s88 mk2

ciscodudewan
ciscodudewan Member Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2022 in Kontakt

hello

probably dumb question but cant find an answer. I just purchased and received a s88 mk2

tonight I am download all the software... One question in the software downloads I dont see anything for a grand piano sounds? I do see the Gentleman upright piano. but nothing for a grand piano? What am I missing.. Surely I dont have to purchase an add on for Grand Piano sounds? I am a newbie to this so please go lightly on me :)

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer βœ“

Hii @ciscodudewan welcome to the forum!

S88 comes with Komplete Select, which doesn't include THE GRANDEUR unfortunately. You can see a list of all instruments included in Select here:

Compare Komplete 13

If you want more instruments or libraries, you can always buy separately or upgrade to Komplete 13. πŸ™‚

Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer βœ“

Hii @ciscodudewan welcome to the forum!

S88 comes with Komplete Select, which doesn't include THE GRANDEUR unfortunately. You can see a list of all instruments included in Select here:

Compare Komplete 13

If you want more instruments or libraries, you can always buy separately or upgrade to Komplete 13. πŸ™‚

• ciscodudewan

oh man that sucks...you would figure they would throw in a grand piano sound for the price of this thing. Thinking maybe I should have bought the SL88 studio controller and Keyscapes?

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited February 2022

Komplete Select does come with a piano sound, it's The Gentleman. See the table that Kaiwan linked to above.

• ciscodudewan

Yes but unfortunately it is only upright piano and not the grand piano sounds. I ended up using my Addictive keys pack for the Grand Piano emulation.. Just wish Native Instruments would have included one with the S88 keyboard package.

• SomeOtherDave
    SomeOtherDave Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited August 2022

What really bites is that I bought KOMPLETE 9 (32 bit) many, many years ago and it came with many awesome grand piano sounds (Berlin, Vienna and NY Philharmonic grands, each with several varieties). I still have the DVDs. Somewhere along the way, they removed those sounds from the KOMPLETE library.

Maybe a copyright issue... who knows?

I still have it installed on an ancient Windows laptop so I can get to the Grand piano sounds when I need to.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I think, you can install it on a new computer and activate it using Natice Access. Those were replaced by other grand pianos, I guess. That is probably why they are not available to buy anymore....

• bricci
    bricci Member Posts: 3 Member

I have all 3 of those as well but they do not show up in Komplete Kontrol with my new S88mk2. It does load using Kontact player and inside PreSonus Studio One 5. I find that Noire Piano blows those 3 away.

• kalqlate
    kalqlate Member Posts: 5 Member

Thanks @ciscodudewan for asking the original question and @bricci for mentioning Noire. I'm about to spring for an S88 mk2 in a few days. Just upgraded my Komplete 9 Ultimate license to 14 Ultimate. After listening to the Noire samples, thought "Ok, it's definitely worth the price." Then, I was delighted to discover it's included in 14 Ultimate. Nice! IMO, Noire alone is worth my upgrade, but then, Ultimate brings soooooo much more to dabble in and fiddle with.