How do I change the keyswitch location in Kontakt and/or Komplete Kontrol?

Options
2»

Answers

• Joe Patterson
    Joe Patterson Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I saw that…..

• nobadmojo
    nobadmojo Member Posts: 100 Helper
    Options

I found the ImpactSoundworks plug ins to be far superior to those from NI unless the user is just using the NI guitars for patterns. I use the NI guitars for patterns, Amplitube for amps and pedals and to drop onto other instruments, and Shreddage Stratus for solo work as you can create far more convincing sounds with Stratus and it is nks..I have a s61 mk1 keyboard and get by with the keyswitches by octave shifting the keyboard. Not an ideal situation. No idea why there would be dead space keys, but perhaps there is a reason.

The UJAM Silk is good for acoustic guitar patterns and it is only 10 bucks now at PlugInBoutique. At some point I think this situation will improve and there will be lots more options/competition when Midi2 kicks in

NI doesnt even include a keyboard view showing keyswitches with their Komplete Kontrol software and thats just wrong. I can see why they changed the branding from KompleteKontrol to just Kontrol and eliminated the Komplete part ::) Shouldnt have to load Kontakt inside of KK just to get a keyboard view. Nor do they update/upgrade the guitar VST's and most other Instruments and that's just wrong too.

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 296 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can easily change the location of a keyswitch with a simple multiscript. This transposes any note you play below the clarinet range, i.e. C below middle C (#48 - end of line 2) down 2 octaves (24 semitones, end of line 3). It'll affect all instruments in the multi, but you can put in another condition specifying the channel.

on midi_in
    if ((($MIDI_COMMAND = $MIDI_COMMAND_NOTE_ON) or ($MIDI_COMMAND = $MIDI_COMMAND_NOTE_OFF)) and ($MIDI_BYTE_1 < 48))
    set_event_par($EVENT_ID, $EVENT_PAR_MIDI_BYTE_1, $MIDI_BYTE_1 - 24)
    end if
    end on

Paste into multiscript slot (KSP button, top R of Kontakt window) and click Apply.