Problems with Butch Vig and Komplete Kontrol in my DAW

Northfield Lenox
Northfield Lenox Member Posts: 4 Member
edited March 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi -

[1] The instrument stops playing (randomly) as if it's not detecting MIDI information from the DAW. It will play directly from Komplete Control but not from the track. Restarting the project fixes the issue.

[2] Had an issue where the instrument would suddenly stop being in sync with the DAW BPM. (At a specific bar in the project it would just change to the BPM of the original pattern) Could not work around this other than adding bars to the beginning of the project and sliding everything over.

I suspect I have some sort of corruption in the DAW template but any other feedback would be appreciated!

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @Northfield Lenox What DAW are you using ? Have you tried without a template in this DAW ? Have you tried with Kontakt instead of Komplete Kontrol ? Does it behave in the same manner ?

• Northfield Lenox
    Northfield Lenox Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi - Thanks for the feedback.

Using Mixcraft Pro Studio 9

I should have used the word project instead of template, as I started with a blank slate.

I tried Kontakt rather than Komplete Kontrol as suggested, the first issue appears randomly so has not popped up yet but the weird BPM change remains, I can work around that and have looked for any kind of 'hidden' automation I might have added, nothing...

Might just chalk this one up to 'one of those things', render the drum track to audio and move on...

• NC17z
    NC17z Member Posts: 20 Member

I'm having a similar problem with Butch Vig and using within Maschine. It just randomly stops playing my looped pattern as if it was Demo and shutting off after 10 Minutes of use. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it with no avail. Just very odd.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited June 2022

@Northfield Lenox About the first issue, I suspect it is the same reported than @NC17z, this has already been reported, after playing 10 minutes in Maschine, Kontakt will stop emitting sound. This was filed under the bug reference (KI-1420). Unfortunately there is no date for a fix on this one, it's in the hands of development.

About the second issue, the BPM one, is this happening only in Mixcraft or does it also happen in other DAWs ?

• djwaxxy
    djwaxxy Member Posts: 46 Member

samething happening too me..im using cubase 12 ,maschine 2,cubase 11,komplete kontrol ,kontakt...all same problem.

how could ni release this when it obviuslly full of bugs and its been out a far long time.

ive had it for ages but like a lot of the komplete 13 ultimate bundle ive either not used some of the things or used them as much as i should..butch vig comes under the never used it before catagory..

i see it on my installed products but never used it because its not a type of plugin or sound id use very often but i thought id give it a try as id paid money for it..it does sound good but as it is its unusable and hope it gets fixed if not then they should give refunds to the people who paid for it because it cant be used .

• AndreasHe
    AndreasHe Member Posts: 3 Member

NI, when is this being fixed? No updates yet. It is a heavy bug. I also reported this a long time ago.

• Jeremy_NI

@AndreasHe Still no date for a fix at the moment for this bug, it's still in the backlog.

• cheesesteeak
    cheesesteeak Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited August 2023

I bought a Komplete 14 upgrade a couple of weeks ago. I decided to give Butch Vig drums a whirl and it gives me the same problem. It plays a pattern in Reaper for a while and then its audio shuts completely off while all the other vsts still produce their sound. I have to close Reaper down and reload it to get Butch Vig drums to play again until it stops again.