Cannot link Kontakt 7 to Reaper?!

andrewsaweeris95
andrewsaweeris95 Member Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2023 in Kontakt

Hello everyone,

I have been experiencing the same issue with finding Kontakt 7 in my effects list in my DAW (even the VST3 and VST3i) for some weird reason. I use Reaper as my DAW and I just upgraded to Kontakt 7 last night to use certain instruments but I was not able to find a .dll file in the VST2 and 3 folders. Instead, I found the .vst3 file so I copied it into Reaper’s FX folder but it still cannot read Kontakt 7 it at all. If anyone can help me with this ASAP that would really appreciate it!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @andrewsaweeris95 VST2 and VST3 are not the same. You can't move a vst3 file to a VST2 folder. Please check this article carefully: Plug-in Administration in Reaper

Please check REaper's resources on how to administrate VST3 in Reaper.

• Fernando L.
    Fernando L. Member Posts: 2 Member
    Answer ✓

For those of you who have already scanned the C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 location several times and Reaper still doesn't recognize Kontakt, what worked for me was to go directly to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 location, create a folder named Kontakt and put the Kontakt 7.vst3 file inside, then scan this folder from Reaper, then close and reopen Reaper. You probably still don't recognize it but if you go to Preferences/ VST/ Re-scan/ Plugins that failed to scan, the Kontakt.vst3 file will appear at the start, click on it, then apply and OK. Close and reopen REAPER and finally Kontakt will appear in FX. The process could probably be shorter but that's exactly what I did before it showed up on FX. Therefore, I better share the entire process with you.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @andrewsaweeris95 VST2 and VST3 are not the same. You can't move a vst3 file to a VST2 folder. Please check this article carefully: Plug-in Administration in Reaper

Please check REaper's resources on how to administrate VST3 in Reaper.

• Fernando L.
    Fernando L. Member Posts: 2 Member
    Answer ✓

For those of you who have already scanned the C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 location several times and Reaper still doesn't recognize Kontakt, what worked for me was to go directly to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 location, create a folder named Kontakt and put the Kontakt 7.vst3 file inside, then scan this folder from Reaper, then close and reopen Reaper. You probably still don't recognize it but if you go to Preferences/ VST/ Re-scan/ Plugins that failed to scan, the Kontakt.vst3 file will appear at the start, click on it, then apply and OK. Close and reopen REAPER and finally Kontakt will appear in FX. The process could probably be shorter but that's exactly what I did before it showed up on FX. Therefore, I better share the entire process with you.

• Spieglass
    Spieglass Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have done all this and still no go for me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, moved vst3 from default locations to others to try, cleared cache and rescanned, checked failed to load files, nothing. I've never had this issue with Reaper in ~8 years of using it. I wish OP would have come back to say if it was resolved for them and how.