Some instruments only playing default sounds eg. Analog Dreams

Options

Answers

• kmh
    kmh Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

Sorry for necro but I'm having exactly the same problem.

I'm in ableton, using kontakt 7 player (which honestly I'm not that familiar with).

If I change a preset's sound at all, it goes silent. Its happening on Analog Dreams, but not Analog Dreams 2.0

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@kmh If you play on the blue keys in the Kontakt's window, do you get any sound?

If you get sound from the keys here but not when using your MIDI keyboard or DAW, it could be an issue with the MIDI channel: Configuring your MIDI Keyboard / Controller in KONTAKT

• kmh
    Options

No, I'm not

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

If you follow these steps, then open Kontakt in standalone then in Ableton, does it fix the issue? KONTAKT Crashes

• kmh
    Options

after following those steps, I am still having the problem in standalone mode

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@kmh Does it happen with any other Kontakt library or only Analog Dreams 1?

Can you check if the modwheel is totally don here? Since it's usually assigned to the low pass filter, sound will be muffled, some time not even audible.

Can you "see" the sound at all when you play?

• kmh
    Options

Its not the mod wheel, I had a play around with it as a possibility but got the same result.

As for seeing the sound - in standalone the meter continues to display sound, but in Ableton no sound is being registered.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@kmh I've contacted you by email regarding this, my colleagues need to get a closer look.

• Mangmod
    Mangmod Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Hello, I was following this thread and it would seem that I am experiencing the same issue as well, on all the Play Series instruments, only version 1.0 though. I am running Kontakt standalone and as a VST and the same occurs with Komplete Kontrol.

If it may help: I tried running the Purge -> Update sample pool function but it actually stuck at about half of the loading bar. I tried as well to Reload all Samples, but again, no luck.

No sound meter is playing either once I change both samples.

Thank you for your attention and I hope this issue may get fixed soon. There are so many good sounds in the 1.0 Play Series, I wonder if there is a way to port them to the 2.0 version?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Mangmod Interesting, I've contacted you by email as well, see if we find any similarities with @kmh here. We were not able to reproduce the issue so we need to investigate.

• philingreat
    philingreat Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

@Jeremy_NI I have the same issue that only the 2 default sounds play. As soon as I change A or B to a different sound, I get nothing. Any help is appreciated.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@philingreat Can you give more details? Where is this happening? Kontakt in your DAW? In standalone? In Komplete Kontrol? What is your operating system? Can you load any preset and do they load normally or does the silence happen when you change the sample in A or B? Please give more details.

• philingreat
    Options

@Jeremy_NI I tried in Ableton Live 11 Standard and in Logic Pro, in Kontakt 7 Player, on a MacBook Pro M1 Ventura 13.2. The Presets load fine, but as soon as I change a sample on A or B, there is nothing. But if I change it back to the default sound, it's fine again.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@philingreat Does Ableton, Logic and Kontakt 7 have full disk access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS Have you checked in Kontakt in standalone if this happens as well?

Where is Analog Dreams installed?

• philingreat
    edited August 2023
    Options

@Jeremy_NI I also checked in Kontakt standalone and it's the same issue as well. I granted full disk access to Kontakt, Native Access etc. as described in the link you mentioned but the issue remains.

Analog Dreams is installed in HD->Users->Shared