How to change chords in Session prime bass?

2»

Comments

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
  • Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,039 mod
    edited January 2023

i tried again a bit and if i play a seventh chord and use a phrase, it plays the lowest note only. I guess that's why your example did not sound differently cause both chords have the same base note. I will also have a look into the manual it must work somehow if it's mentioned in there. And as @Gee_Flat already said it must be something about "phrase" and "one note" mode that's not working or is simply set wrong.

• Uwe303

I loaded the "8 neofunk" preset and it works like you expected, i used different chords and they sound different ,they change the phrase. I only miss the note or stair sign in the browser, @Gee_Flat was absolutely right about the phrase mode.

• Gee_Flat

I read all that about the parts marked by a specific icon. So its the phrases marked with the staircase that work?

• Uwe303
    edited January 2023

i don´t know for sure i can´t see the icons, but it works only with the patterns that i can change from "phrase" to "one note", and it has to be set to "phrase".

• Gee_Flat

And... "play the pitches on your keyboard ahead of any new note position"

• Uwe303

Ohh and i forgot to mentiony that it doesn't work with all chords, like in the example a simple c major - c minor will maybe not sound different. But i have no clue about notes and all that, so i don't know why, but you can clearly see it on the pianoroll in kontakt, if the chord works to change the played bass notes to fit you'll see more than one key pressed, if not you'll see only one key pressed.