Kontakt 5 and & 7

Rickblake
Rickblake Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited February 2023 in Kontakt

I originally used Kontakt 5 in 2015 when writing songs and have had an extended period of a few years where I have not used it. Recently I tried to access the original files and sound samples held upon my Lacie external drive with fire wire connection to Mac. It would not find the files so I upgraded to Kontakt 7 but was unable to access the original sounds or any Kontakt Libraries. I am somewhat overwhelmed by complexity of the options and would really appreciate a simple step by step advice on how I can check the pathway of sample access through logic. Do I need to have Kontakt 5 with upgrades loaded and then load Kontakt 7 with the sound library.

also

What is the best method of keeping all the sample libraries in a seperate drive ie Lacie

Your help would be really appreciated

Rick Blake

Best Answer

Answers

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro

It's really not clear what "files" you're talking about. If you're referring to the Kontakt plug in libraries those are managed by the Native Access program which has all the facilities for getting Kontakt (and your DAW) connected up to the plug ins.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited January 2023

The question is RIck: is the K5 Library on the drive? Second, did you download the K7 Library?

Don't do your testing and setting up inside Logic. Do it with Kontakt as a Standalone first.

I haven't had a chance to work with the K7 library, but unless they've changed it dramatically, all the sounds from K5 should be in the new one.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

No news from you for a while. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_kontakt

This discussion has been closed.