Cherry Audio \ Korg VST3 and MORE not displaying in KK within Ableton!

Options
2»

Comments

• KNGMAO
    KNGMAO Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Can confirm that in addition to Cherry and PA this issue also occurs with non-Kontakt Spitfire instruments. I assume whoever codes the abominable browser also handles GUI integration.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,600 Expert
    Options

Yeah not sure we have to start down the track of slanging people off for the work they do. Improvements are always welcome but i've used this system for close to 10 years and have made the suggestions I would like to see, the browser can be improved but still serves the purpose of finding sounds just fine and my fear is people these days want everything to be "high quality, better graphics and more features where some of us want slimline and lite on resources which KK is. Adding too much will certainly slow things down.

Hopefully with the issue at hand now confirmed by both NI and Ableton we will see something fixed soon.

• JesterMgee
    Options

So this affects more plugins I see, Tone2, IK Multimedia and there is no immediate plans from NI to address this problem so I would REALLY encourage users who have issues with no GUI displayed in Ableton Live using VST3 plugins to submit support tickets because without more pressure about this, could be waiting months/years for a fix!

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 251 Pro
    Options

Will this ever get fixed? Let me guess: NI blames Ableton and Ableton blames NI...

• Rico30000
    Rico30000 Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

YES, kind of no ending story ! That's a shame for us, the users !

• Reefius
    Options

Still not fixed in KK 3.0!

• JesterMgee
    Options

Yeah, doesn’t supprise me. Submit a bug report if you can. Only way things have a slight chance to even be looked at is if 10,000 people make a noise, otherwise it’s deemed not important enough to bother.

• Reefius
    Options

Also same problem in Ableton 12 Beta. Looks like nobody gives a damn about this issue.

• JesterMgee
    Options

It's a finger pointing thing now. Pretty sure NI say it is an issue with Live.... Tho Maschine and any other VST host wrapper all work fine, as did VST2. THis is one of the things i'm pretty miffed about, since these plugins are useless and have been for almost 2 years now FFS. I can also say this appears to not be on the radar to address either. Sigh!!!