Can't get Kontakt Player 7 to run properly in ProTools 12

Shakti
Shakti Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited January 2023 in Kontakt

Hi,

I admit i'm a noob when it comes to running Kontakt instruments in ProTools, but I figured after I installed the latest player it would just work!? Nope!

I purchased Heavyocity's Vocalise 3 and went through the installation. I can see the player in my plugins list. I can insert it. After much prodding, I got the Vocalise instrument to show up in the library (kind of, it doesn't really act right) and I can audition sounds from the library through my PT hardware. However, when i arm a track in PT, I get no midi triggers to the instrument from my keyboard. Switch to a different track with u-he, all works fine as normal. Just don't understand the Kontakt player it's acting so flaky. It feels like it is "half-installed" from the standpoint of the behavior of the instrument in the library. When you click on the gear icon and go to libraries in settings, Vocalise doesn't show up as installed. Should it? When I'm in the normal Kontakt player window, Vocalise doesn't show up along with the keyboard and other controls etc. I only see it when I go out to the library.

Anybody experienced this? I'm at a loss.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Shakti
    Answer ✓

Fixed it by basically not using Kontakt player 7 and using Kontakt player 6 instead. Guess nobody tested player 7 with PT? Strange, but whatever. Leaving this here in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar situ.

Answers

• Shakti
    Answer ✓

Fixed it by basically not using Kontakt player 7 and using Kontakt player 6 instead. Guess nobody tested player 7 with PT? Strange, but whatever. Leaving this here in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar situ.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,661 mod

@Shakti Pro Tools 12 has been discontinued some years ago. Kontakt 7 Player was not tested on this setup but is working as expected on more recent Pro-Tools versions.

• Shakti

Sorry, my bad, I forgot that they put the date ahead of it now. I'm actually running PT Ultimate 2022.12. Whatever the latest version is called. And Kontakt player 7 is not happening. Kontakt player 6 works great though, so I'll be sticking with that. Problem solved. Not sure what player 7 would give me, but right now it's giving me a goose egg.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,661 mod

@Shakti Thanks for the update. It's a different issue then that we need to look into. There were no similar reports. Are you able to open Kontakt 7 in standalone, does it load the library? Does Kontakt 7 and ProTools have Full Disk Access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS