Stradivari Violin - Velocity Control

whosmischa
whosmischa Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited January 2023 in Kontakt

Hey guys,

I just bought the Stradivari Violin and absolutely love it. Yet theres one thing that doesn't work for me and I'd love how to fix it. If I play in virtuoso mode or any legato mode in general, the velocity for the notes I play always stays the same, which I would love to respond to my MIDI velocity. However if I change it to any other articulation, i.e. spiccato, it suddenly responds to how hard I press down on my MIDI keys.

Does anyone have a clue on how to change it, so I have the velocity controlled by my MIDI instead of staying the same in virtuoso/legato?

Thanks in advance :)

Mischa

Best Answer

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 277 Pro
    Answer ✓

If I play in virtuoso mode or any legato mode in general, the velocity for the notes I play always stays the same

I presume you mean volume (velocity is just a MIDI message: actually part of the note-on message - a one-off controller).

For spiccato, your instrument is programmed so that Velocity controls Volume. In legato instruments, Velocity is programmed to select the legato type, so doesn't affect volume. If you want it to play louder, increase the Volume (cc#7 or whatever the instrument is programmed to respond to.)

It's all in the manual.

Answers

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 277 Pro
    Answer ✓

If I play in virtuoso mode or any legato mode in general, the velocity for the notes I play always stays the same

I presume you mean volume (velocity is just a MIDI message: actually part of the note-on message - a one-off controller).

For spiccato, your instrument is programmed so that Velocity controls Volume. In legato instruments, Velocity is programmed to select the legato type, so doesn't affect volume. If you want it to play louder, increase the Volume (cc#7 or whatever the instrument is programmed to respond to.)

It's all in the manual.

• blitze
    blitze Member Posts: 10 Member

Yes, cc#7 or the Mod Wheel / Expression Controller on your Midi Keyboard setup.