Guitar RIG w/ 2 soundcards ?

hbbk
hbbk Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hi

I'm trying the guitar rig 6 demo and have a specific question about sound interface, is it possible to set up audio to be input on 1 USB sound card and output to another ?

It doesn't seem possible to me, but maybe there is a configuration trick :)

BTW I'm also trying to use the ZEDi8 mixer/sound card but didn't find the way to remove the dry guitar input signal from the output (that's why I'l using 2 sc: the zed for audio out and a little Scarlett for guitar in)

thanks in advance

Tagged:

Best Answer

• hbbk
    Answer ✓

I succeeded to have the zed in asio4all but with no sound… the only solution I found is to use my little Scarlett as sound card with output on the zed as a simple mixer. I used to have some noise on Scarlett output but plugged it with TRS jack and this is much better...

Thanks for the help

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

If you are on Win, you might use ASIO4All for that. You select which audio interfaces to use in ASIO4All and use choose ASIO4All as audio driver.

On Mac you may create agregate audio device to "glue" several audio interfaces to appear as one. I am not on Mac, so cannot help you more in this case.

• hbbk

Thanks for the tip, so I added asio4all but the zedi8 output is not listed as a choice in guitar rig only the focusrite... (the input is ok, it's focusrite as expected)

any more clues ?

btw i'm on windows 10

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I am not expert on ASIO4all.... My past experience is that in some cases (combinations of audio interfaces) it works, some not. But maybe I did something wrongly and it works for all...

Maybe, someone else would know better.

Try to google, I have the impression there is also other program like ASIO4all....

• hbbk

Thanks for your help, I asked chatGpt ;-), and it advises me to use ASIO2KS and ASIO2WASAPI unfortunately none of them works. Didn't find anything else by myself. :(

I'll try with asio4all community ...

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@hbbk Unfortunately on Windows I'm not aware of a working solution. You can only use one sound device in Guitar Rig 6. On a Mac you can create an aggregate device and select this device in Guitar Rig 6. Have you tried Voicemeeter ? https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/ I am not sure this would work but it's woth a try.

• hbbk
    Answer ✓

I succeeded to have the zed in asio4all but with no sound… the only solution I found is to use my little Scarlett as sound card with output on the zed as a simple mixer. I used to have some noise on Scarlett output but plugged it with TRS jack and this is much better...

Thanks for the help