Guitar rig 6 is blocking all other audio sources

Options
Kbecinha
Kbecinha Member Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2023 in Guitar Rig & FX

So whenever i have guitar rig 6 running, all other audio sources just get blocked. Can't use spotify, can't open up a youtube video. I've tried to disable exclusive mode on windows audio settings but that didn't work. Can anyone please help me fix this?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,713 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

No news from you for a while. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here:  https://bit.ly/NISupport_GR

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,132 Expert
    edited January 2023
    Options

Go into Guitar Rig's Preferences. Under Audio, make sure that you've set the Driver to "WASAPI (Shared Mode)".

• Kbecinha
    Kbecinha Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I've tried that, but whenever im using the WASAPI drivers i get no audio output.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,132 Expert
    Options

What's your setup? Do you use e.g. Komplete Audio (or any other audio interface) or none at all?

The thing is: Other than choosing WASAPI or disabling Exclusive Mode, there aren't other options left really. Exclusive Mode, like the name implies, means that only the specific application (Guitar Rig) is allowed to play sounds.

(Also, check that the sampling frequency chosen for your Windows system matches the one in your audio applications.)

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Kbecinha Checking on rather late. Have you been able to fix the issue? If not, questions from @Monochrome are still valid.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

No news from you for a while. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here:  https://bit.ly/NISupport_GR

This discussion has been closed.