Komplete Kontrol plugin dropping saved state and opening blank when transferring between computers

Answers

• LukeKeywalker
    LukeKeywalker Member Posts: 40 Member
    edited February 2023

You are right, sorry! The stress-level is just pretty high since KK is compromising the whole project.

• LukeKeywalker

Hey guys,

whats going on? The support is not answering, the developers are silent - how can I get help now?

• Keith Cocker
    Keith Cocker Member Posts: 120 Advisor

My question is how long is it reasonable to wait for these issues with the latest version of KK to be fixed. The problems are logged and recorded and are not minor. They affect many of us in important ways. For example NKS support is broken for my Spitfire libraries. I rely heavily on these. I can’t see a playable range for my instruments, key switches are gone and all my articulation mappings are ineffective. When I use my s61 keyboard I have to reinstall kk as a control surface in Logic each session in order to get it it to work properly otherwise it doesn’t follow the tracks and messes up my main SSL control surface operation.

i think it’s time to see progress rather than promises on this.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

@LukeKeywalker My colleagues got back to you and it seems you are working together towards a solution i hope.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited February 2023

@Keith Cocker I see that you submitted a request. My colleagues should get back to you soon. Please add all the information you included in your last post as well, especially the SSL part, and the result of our support tool, this will speed things up. It's hard to say what is a supposed bug that you mention and what could be an issue with your system. You mention logged and recorded problems, do you have bug numbers, links to threads?

• balboa7
    balboa7 Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2023

I'm having this problem too. For years Komplete Kontrol and Logic Pro has been the source for so many headaches. I'm almost at the point of abandoning it for good. These types of issues crop up and it takes months or even years to fix. Just don't understand.

I'm currently getting this with Spitfire Albion Solstice. I've tried loading completely in a new track from scratch. Manually changing from Player 7 to Kontakt 6 Full. No matter what it loads back up with a blank Player 7 instance.

• ebber
    ebber Member Posts: 11 Member
    edited April 2023

I have the same problem.

Everything up to date:

MacOS 13.3 with M2

Logic Pro 10.7.7 running native

Komplete Kontrol 2.9.1

Building a new Logic Pro template from scratch (using only NI Stuff (Cremona Quartet, Action Strikes, Symphony Series) within Komplete Kontrol).

Randomly KK gets "blank" as described here before on some tracks. Only thing that fixes it is removing the KK Plugin from that track and reloading the saved logic patch with it.

• Keith Cocker

When I logged these problems KK was on version 2.8. It’s now on 2.9.1 and they are still not fixed. Can we please have a commitment that that will soon be fixed and a timescale for this? That does not seem an unreasonable ask. I know that other developers such as Spitfire are waiting for NI to fix KK so they can sort their libraries out accordingly.

• Jeremy_NI

@Keith Cocker It's more of a Kontakt issue, although it obviously shows when using Kontakt libraries in Komplete Kontrol. It's a complicated issue and the Kontakt devs are looking into it.

• Keith Cocker
    edited April 2023

Hi Jeremy, Thanks - the issue of disappearing instances may be a Kontakt issue but the considerable number of problems with KK I have logged are not to do with Kontakt and I really do this they need addressing as a matter of importance. Many people have invested in KK equipment on the expectation that it would deliver what was promised (and indeed was delivered before v 2.8) and are now feeling let down and angry. I'm sure we all want this fixing asap now.

• djl
    djl Member Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2023

CJ Marrow, Keith Cocker, LukeKeywalker, balboa7, ebber,

Have any of you resolved what the issue was with KK failing to load instances of the VST into existing projects? I'm a Cubase user having the same problem with KK 2.9.3 and was referred to this thread from NI's Uwe @ Customer Care. I don't see in the thread if anything was ever resolved and what the particular problem was.

Many thanks!

Jay

Komplete Kontrol 2.9.3 - Failure to recall instrument and settings in DAW after saving project — Community (native-instruments.com)

• Keith Cocker

Hi@djl As far as I can see there has been no progress by NI on this and the other KK &NKS related issues. I know other developers such as Spitfire are aware of these problems but they can't do anything until NI fix their end - i.e fix KK. Its nearly six months since these issues started and it is very annoying that they are still not fixed.

• djl

Thx, Keith. I completely understand. I'll try to pass along anything back to this discussion that my thread might resolve.

The second issue I'm having with KK 2.9.3 is failing to pass any audio my DAW. Preview sounds play through the DAW, but once an instance of the VST is loaded into KK, and even with MIDI input being received by the VST as confirmed by the audio output meter, there is no sound output from KK to the DAW. Same issue for the standalone KK 2.9.3. Thus, previous KK instrument tracks fail to load the VST instrument and any new KK tracks fail to output audio. My studio is bricked.

• LukeKeywalker

Hi guys,

after months of highly fragmented communication with the NI support - they left me hanging with this issue forever - I got this "final" answer:

"Nach Absprache mit der Entwicklung, muss ich leider sagen, dass das beschriebene Problem ein bekanntes Phänoman ist. Es ist bei uns im System mit folgender Bug Nummer gelistet KT-7720" 

Which basically means: they know this issue - it even has a number KT-7720 (after months of telling me that it must be my system because I seem to be the only one with this problem) but they cannot do anything at the moment and they cannot tell me when it will be solved.

So I stopped using KK at all. That's it. Sad but true.

Best,

Luke

• djl

Luke, so you are only using instances of Kontakt instead of KK? And forgoing all KK compatibility with any NI KK keyboards during production?

Jay