Potential Issue - Plugin Alliance Knifonium / Fink - Signatures - Same PluginID

Options
Vagus
Vagus Member Posts: 410 Guru

Hey Team NI.

After trying to load Knifonium via presets, it loads Fink - Singatures by Spitfire Audio.

Having checked many things, in service center, both have the same pluginid: 4b6e6966.

I'm not sure if this an error in QA for Fink - Singatures, which came out later, the Knifonium presets no longer work, due to the errror.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,723 mod
    Options

@Vagus Thanks for flagging this. We'll try to reproduce the issue. I also reached out to know more about this pluginid. I'll get back at you when I get more info.

• ptumelty
    ptumelty Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

Did anything get resolved with this? I've got the same problem.

The Fink previews work for me, but when I load one, it loads Knifonium and I get various extremely loud squeals/hiss/general ear damaging sounds, depending on which patch I use

• Vagus
    edited May 2023
    Options

I think this can likely be sorted by updating the Fink nksf to VST3 - but it's been six months- I don't think Spitfire fancy doing it (they're still releasing VST2 NKS compatibility, rather than moving to VST 3).

NI/Plugin alliance should have sorted this already, however, there seems no rush on their end. I'll see if I can fix today.

Edit: First issue - NKS light guide only works on VST2 for Fink Singatures. That's a terrible tech oversight from Spitfire. Let's see if there's another way around it...

• Vagus
    Options

@Jeremy_NI I can confirm this issue is solved with the following actions:

1. Backup and then delete Fink Signatures VST2 fom the current directory

To still have Fink - Signatures show in Maschine/KK, it needs a VST3 compatible pack. I've created this, but I've contacted Spitfire Audio to ask if they mind this being shared, as this involves modifying the NKS folder in the relevant library.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,741 mod
    Options

Unfortunately I don't think it's their fault - afaik light guide support isn't fully there for VST3 yet (at least for third parties)

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,741 mod
    Options

Is it loading the Knifonium VST2 or VST3? The PA VST3 has bugs in Komplete Kontrol but I created a fixed version that works better with the VST3, try removing the VST2 completely to force KK to load the VST3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xigu1tyytchml11/Knif%20Audio%20Knifonium%20VST3%20NKS.zip?dl=0