Midi Automation

kenrob2037
kenrob2037 Member Posts: 14 Member
edited December 2022 in Kontakt

Hi All,

I'm trying to add midi automation for vibrato in Embertone Herring Clarinet. Running Mac Mini M1, Ventura 13.0.1

The instrument is not in my Kontakt instrument list, I load it through files. It seems Embertone products cannot be added into the instrument list in Kontakt. I'm running 5.8.1

When I learn the midi automation to my midi controller, Roland FA-08, it works. The blue line moves up and down when I turn the #71 knob I assigned.

But, when I try to record the vibrato automation, it overwrites all the notes already there in the track. I have tried the Read, Touch, Latch, Write, it overwrites the midi data on every setting

Does anyone know how to stop it from overwriting the midi data and apply the vibrato?

Regards,

Rob

Tagged:

Comments

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro
    edited December 2022

Without knowing your setup I'm just guessing, but if you're adding the vibrato in a separate take on the same track of the MIDI recording you would have to specify in your DAW to allow multiple takes on that track with no overwriting of the MIDI. In Ableton there's a specific menu item for doing this.

• kenrob2037
    kenrob2037 Member Posts: 14 Member

Ah thanks. I forgot to say I'm using Logic Pro X 10.7.5

I'll give that a go.