Issues with Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2

TypicalsCo
TypicalsCo Member Posts: 7 Member
edited December 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Recently got my Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2 keyboard, and it's been causing some serious headache.

For the sake of clarity, I'm on an iMac (Intel, 2020) running MacOS Ventura 13.0.1. I also use Komplet Audio 6 MK2 as an audio interface.

I have the most recent firmware installed, and everything else is up to date via Native Access.

I have the following issues/questions:

1. When pressing the SETUP menu on my keyboard I can't access any of the options there. Also, there's no way out of the SETUP menu after pressing it, so I have to restart my keyboard every time. And – are there really only these few items available in the menu? (see attached image)
  2. Where can I set the velocity range/keybed sensitivity for my S88? When browsing sounds via the browser function everything plays crazy loud – but I can't get a decent velocity unless I bang my keys like a madman. Isn't there any calibration tool to adjust this, so I can play much softer and get a decent velocity?

Best Answer

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    edited December 2022

Hello,

i don't own a S88 myself but right in your picture you see the velocity scaling option, it is exactly what you are looking for. As far as I know there are three soft (you should try) and three hard settings around the linear mode. I unfortunately don't know how you can come out of this mode with a button. You could try the midi button or some shift + something.

• TypicalsCo

@Uwe303 Yeah, but I can’t do or change anything on this screen. Every button/dial is unresponsive and there’s no ”Back” or ”Exit” either. Everything just freezes and I need to restart the keyboard to get back to the main menus.

And are there really just these two settings in the Setup menu…?

• Uwe303

ohh normally the encoder under velocity setting should work, if not there could be something wrong, and yes that´s all you see on that page.

• stephen59tx
    stephen59tx Member Posts: 13 Member

I own an S88 mk2 with firmware v0.60. I can press the setup button and adjust the velocity scaling. I like soft 1 on my keyboard. I press the plug-in button to exit the setup.

• TypicalsCo

Thanks for your replies - but as mentioned: I can’t do anything after pressing the setup button. The keyboard freezes and it doesn’t matter which button I click on the keyboard - I still can’t exit this menu or interact with it.

• Uwe303

then it might be defective, can you test it on another computer maybe?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@TypicalsCo This happens in Komplete Kontrol in standalone? As Uwe suggested, try on another computer, if the issue is the same you can get in touch with our Hardware service here: https://bit.ly/NISupport_Hardware

• TypicalsCo

It happens in Komplete Kontrol standalone as well as doing it without any applications running (just firing up the keyboard and nothing else).

Also, I did get an instance of the ”Scan App” crashing. So I uninstalled the majority of software instruments, plugins and expansions - but the keyboard still register them with an image in the browser even though they’re clearly not installed.

I’ve submitted a support ticket to the hardware team, so let’s see what happens.