How to see/set the precise value of the PB within Retro Machines MK2?

michelkeijzers
michelkeijzers NetherlandsMember Posts: 14 Sine

I'm using many patches of Retro Machines MK2 within Kontakt, and in the Settings page the Pitch Bend range can be set with a knob.

However, it is very hard to see the exact value (even with the shift to precisely position it).

I am stacking it with another non NI sound, so when the PB is not exactly equal a bad detune is audible.

How can I set the PB within Retro Machines MK2 exactly to 2 (semitones) ?

Best Answers

• Nicki_NI
    Nicki_NI Product Team Posts: 3 mod
    Answer βœ“

If you're working in a host like Logic, you can enter a value by using the control's automation data, e.g.in Logic switch the editor view to "Controls", then scroll to the respective controls (PB Down/Up, see screenshot below ) and set the value to -2.0 and 2.0. It should work in other hosts too, including Komplete Kontrol and Maschine.

Hope this helps,

nicki

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 196 Saw
    Answer βœ“

Sure I can speak to that comment:

Retro Machines > Creator and Specification: Nicki Marinic πŸ˜‚

Fact is: Retro Machines is made up of samples from the KFL, repackaged in a cool interface.

For instance:

Retro Machines has an instrument called, 'Memory Lowpass Bell', and the Vintage Library has an instrument called, 'Lowpass Bell Pad'. Its the same set of samples. The Vintage Instruments perf_view is very similar to MK2, and the 'Pitch Bend' is precise with a digital readout.

Unless you're automating the Morph Slider, you can achieve the same results using the Vintage Synths.

Is that the right answer Nicki? πŸ™„

Answers

• Gee_Flat

I thought that using the Expert>Parameter mode in the old browser might work, but its not the best way.

The only way I can see is to activate edit mode and select the main script 'Retro Machines'.

First select 'Activate from...Editor/Patch' at the top of the script editor, or the editor will remain static.

Scroll down about a third to 'function pbend_range_up'

in that function is a line like this: $pb_helper := ($pb_helper*$pb_helper*12)/10

Change 12 to 2 and 'Apply'. I think that it's it!

• Nicki_NI
    Nicki_NI Product Team Posts: 3 mod
    Answer βœ“

If you're working in a host like Logic, you can enter a value by using the control's automation data, e.g.in Logic switch the editor view to "Controls", then scroll to the respective controls (PB Down/Up, see screenshot below ) and set the value to -2.0 and 2.0. It should work in other hosts too, including Komplete Kontrol and Maschine.

Hope this helps,

nicki

• Gee_Flat

Wow, the power trippin, creepy minion who has made two posts in 16 years. I come here everyday and read all posts, and told myself I would never join this forum because I knew this would happen.

IF I was wrong then delete my post, remove me, I won't be back.

Nothin better to do than make a jerk out of me?

BYE!

• michelkeijzers

@Gee_Flat Thanks for your elaborated answer. I didn't know there was such a big script behind this.

I would never have found it myself, thanks.

I'm not sure what your last post means (I assume it's not meant for me).

• michelkeijzers

@Nicki @ NI Thanks for your post, however, I'm not using any DAW (but GigPerformer). I used now the script way described by Gee Flat, but I also will check if it's possible from within GigPerformer (probably it is).

• Gee_Flat
    Answer βœ“

Sure I can speak to that comment:

Retro Machines > Creator and Specification: Nicki Marinic πŸ˜‚

Fact is: Retro Machines is made up of samples from the KFL, repackaged in a cool interface.

For instance:

Retro Machines has an instrument called, 'Memory Lowpass Bell', and the Vintage Library has an instrument called, 'Lowpass Bell Pad'. Its the same set of samples. The Vintage Instruments perf_view is very similar to MK2, and the 'Pitch Bend' is precise with a digital readout.

Unless you're automating the Morph Slider, you can achieve the same results using the Vintage Synths.

Is that the right answer Nicki? πŸ™„