When is the Native-Instruments Komplete S88 keyboard MK3 coming ?

Options

Comments

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,294 Expert
    edited April 2023
    Options

The price drop in shops is probably due to the deal that NI itself is offering now in their site. Why they are offering it…we cannot know

• IQMusic
    IQMusic Member Posts: 92 Helper
    edited April 2023
    Options

Cool, as Jester pointed out, it is unlikely at the moment, with everything that's going on with the software side of things ect. Maybe Maschine 3 will release before Komplete MK3.

• RedwardMc
    RedwardMc Member Posts: 84 Advisor
    Options

The main thing it’s missing is the ability to layer and split instruments

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 946 Guru
    Options

Lots of rumours and innuendo flying around on this topic right now. Tis rare that NI cuts this much from it's standard Komplete hardware pricing when it really does not need to.

But for the eagle eyes in the crowd that notice that Komplete Kontrol is slowly (but surely) working its way to a V3 release (currently at 2.9.1) - it sorta makes sense that something is coming.

Komplete Kontrol 3 + Komplete Kontrol Keyboards MK3 = makes sense to me.

As a dedicated S61Mk2 owner - I am just hoping that NI takes an opportunity to update our firmware to at least harness most/some/a few of any new features or functions in a (Theoretical) KK v3 release.

VP

• Esoteric_Custodian
    Esoteric_Custodian Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I’m thinking it’ll be something along the lines of the MPC Key 61 with drum pads.

• Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 153 Advisor
    Options

I think so too.

Maybe even a radically different keyboard from the current kk keyboards. I can also imagine a whole new software with new ideas and a new way of thinking about music creation.

The recent change of identity (logo) could represent this.

Of course, the idea of modularity would be a good thing, as ableton has just done with its stand-alone push3.

• Zeeti87
    Zeeti87 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I thinking something big, omg it’s driving me insane 😭

• GAHTTZ
    GAHTTZ Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    Options
    i mean.... not much different

• G.B.
    G.B. Member Posts: 73 Helper
    Options

Is that real or fake...?

• Mannuel
    Mannuel Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Hmmm 🤔 was hoping for velocity sensitive pads

• G.B.
    G.B. Member Posts: 73 Helper
    edited September 2023
    Options

Yeah... if that's the new MK3 - other than the much needed larger screen - it's pretty much a fail...

Be interesting to see the new Arturia Keylab MK3 that is due out soon...

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,287 Guru
    Options

Looks legit to me.

And I like what I see and assume about changes.

Hope we find out more soon!

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,287 Guru
    Options

NI is looking a bit sparse when you bring up their MIDI controller keyboards right now:

September 5 screenshot

• GAHTTZ
    GAHTTZ Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    Options

I see the s series when I search but they've been out of stock for some time now

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 410 Guru
    Options

Given the expiration of partner deals, The leaked image, the lack of S series availability, new Traktor hardware, GR7 Pro as part of Izotope Production Suite 6 this week, and the page above, I'd maybe warn your credit card that you're coming very soon.