Battery 4 routing

sonoro
sonoro Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited March 2022 in Battery 4

Hi. I set up battery 4 in studio one 5 to have 16 multiouts. When Im trying out different kits it does not save the outputs that I saved as a template. I have to go through every cell and assign them again. How can I keep the outputs in place while Im going through different kits? Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately this is not possible in Battery 4 at this date.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately this is not possible in Battery 4 at this date.

• Supercreative
    Supercreative Member Posts: 13 Member

Hmm... No update by now?

• madhtr
    madhtr Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Respectfully, this is a bug. Not a missing feature. The kit, including the routing, should be atomic.

• EvilDragon
    edited October 2023

You can look at it like that if you want, however that doesn't make it true. It doesn't change the fact that the way in which this was implemented was intended to work exactly as it already does. Hence it's not a bug, but it's by design. It's a feature request rather than a bug for this to work the way you think it should but does not at this point in time.

The tricky part here is that each cell can have wildly different types of sounds between kits, not to mention that each kit can have wildly different number of cells specified, so keeping the output routings of each cell can create more fuss than do good. It would need to be thought through extremely carefully and would have to make logical sense rather than necessarily keeping one to one matches.