Kontrols88 plus contact plus second midi keyboard like a two manual organ?

Martinos
Martinos Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited October 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi all , I would like to use a Kontrol s88 using kontact player with another midi keyboard as a second intergrated keyboard. I would like to be able to use the sounds from Kontack and asign voices or different instruments to be played by both keyboards in the manner of an arranger keyboard or organ. I see how i can achieve this with the splits on the s88 but how to use the bottom keyboard. Can i asign a sound to the bottom keyboard simply by matching midi channels. I am yet to purchase the s88 any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro
    Answer ✓

Assuming you have the 2nd keyboard listening for midi channel 2, this is a convenient scenario for setting up a Multi in Kontakt.

Kontakt sets the first instance loaded to midi channel 1 and the second to midi channel 2 and so on...So load the VST you want to play on the S88 first. Then load what you want on the 2nd keyboard and you will be in business since Kontakt will assign midi channel 2 to the 2nd instance.

NOTE: If you are concerned about light guide functionality on your S88, you must load Kontakt from within Komplete Kontrol. Light guide does not work at all if you are using Kontakt standalone.

Answers

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro
    Answer ✓

Assuming you have the 2nd keyboard listening for midi channel 2, this is a convenient scenario for setting up a Multi in Kontakt.

Kontakt sets the first instance loaded to midi channel 1 and the second to midi channel 2 and so on...So load the VST you want to play on the S88 first. Then load what you want on the 2nd keyboard and you will be in business since Kontakt will assign midi channel 2 to the 2nd instance.

NOTE: If you are concerned about light guide functionality on your S88, you must load Kontakt from within Komplete Kontrol. Light guide does not work at all if you are using Kontakt standalone.