Any way to set default for Master Volume slider in stand-alone Komplete Kontrol?

cdg-can
cdg-can Member Posts: 1 Member

I'm trying to find a way to set the default for the Master Volume slider to something lower than 3/4 of the way to the right as a default when I open the stand-alone Komplete Kontrol app on macOS.

Problem: Every time I launch Komplete Kontrol as a stand-alone app, if I forgot to turn down the volume before playing anything, many of the plug-ins and presets BLAST my speakers with very high volume.

I have turned down as many physical and software controls as I can to a point where I can barely hear output from my DAW or from other stand-alone apps, and Kontrol still gives me way to much volume on launch.

This is driving me a bit squirrelly; adjusting the volume slider for the "Prehear Controls" at the bottom-left corner of the browser is a persistent setting that stays in effect when I close and relaunch the app.

Why doesn't the Master Volume Slider do the same thing? Or does it?

I can't find an kind of .plist file or other config file that seems to have an obvious way to do this. Setting the volume on each plug-in / preset and saving as a new User Content file is not only not practical or desirable, it doesn't solve my core issue - the next preset time I launch Komplete and pic a new plug-in preset I'll be blasted yet again.

Best Answer

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro
    Answer ✓

There is no way the set the master volume (slider beside tempo in top right corner) to your liking and then save it.

Since you are only talking about some plugins being too loud, I suggest that you save PRESETS for the offending Instruments with the global volume adjusted WITHIN the instruments themselves. It is simple to save presets and this practice would give you access to all your favorite presets in one place in the user folder. Just like favorites except that USER presets can be customized (adjust any parameter available) to your hearts content before saving whereas favorites is just listing the chosen presets in their original default form.

Answers

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro
    Answer ✓

There is no way the set the master volume (slider beside tempo in top right corner) to your liking and then save it.

Since you are only talking about some plugins being too loud, I suggest that you save PRESETS for the offending Instruments with the global volume adjusted WITHIN the instruments themselves. It is simple to save presets and this practice would give you access to all your favorite presets in one place in the user folder. Just like favorites except that USER presets can be customized (adjust any parameter available) to your hearts content before saving whereas favorites is just listing the chosen presets in their original default form.