Kontakt snapshots greyed out after loading project, sounds different

juergen_b
juergen_b Member Posts: 5 Member
edited October 2022 in Kontakt

Hi,

in my current project I use various Kontakt instruments. I noticed a problem that the sounds are not correct after loading the project with the DAW. In Kontakt, the snapshot names are greyed out. After clicking on one of the Prev/Next snapshot arrows, the snapshot name is displayed in lighter grey and the sound is as expected.

What can I do to get the snapshots loaded as desired and expected?

Note: the project uses the original snapshot settings, the sounds were not tweaked after selecting a snapshot.

Kontakt 6; Cakewalk by BandLab; Windows 10

After loading the project:

After re-selecting the snapshot (3 of 4):

Thanks for any help!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Greying out the snapshot name after project save then reload is normal and expected, at least.

What exactly is different, sound-wise? There shouldn't be any changes in the sound, of course. At least it seems fine in all the DAWs that I have (however I don't have CbB).

• juergen_b
    Answer ✓

The changing sound was related to a DAW setting. There is an enhanced MIDI setting to "Zero Controllers" after playback. This simulated to turn the mod wheel down whenever playback stops, which actually changed the sound because the presets have the mod wheel. After turning off this option, the sound does not change anymore unexpectedly.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Greying out the snapshot name after project save then reload is normal and expected, at least.

What exactly is different, sound-wise? There shouldn't be any changes in the sound, of course. At least it seems fine in all the DAWs that I have (however I don't have CbB).

• juergen_b
    Answer ✓

The changing sound was related to a DAW setting. There is an enhanced MIDI setting to "Zero Controllers" after playback. This simulated to turn the mod wheel down whenever playback stops, which actually changed the sound because the presets have the mod wheel. After turning off this option, the sound does not change anymore unexpectedly.