Routing question plus

Options
Don Sealer
Don Sealer Member Posts: 4 Member
edited October 2022 in Kontakt

I have a couple of other questions.

First question. Does anyone have experience with Indiginus products? I have a couple but I found out they run in Demo mode unless you purchase the full version of Kontakt. Player is not good enough to run them. Is there a workaround? Is purchasing Kontakt a good trade off?

Next question. When I load a virtual instrument into my project I get to choose how many tracks I want. I usually choose 8 and get 4 stereo tracks. I then choose what instrument I want to run. Is it possible to add more instruments to this same track, or must I add another instance of Kontakt?

Hopefully I've explained my questions well.

Thanks,

Don.....

Tagged:

Comments

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited October 2022
    Options

1. Indiginus states clearly on the website that their instruments REQUIRE the FULL version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or later to run (for more than 15 minutes).

2. A little more info on your desired workflow objective would be helpful.

• Don Sealer
    Don Sealer Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Thank you for your reply. I wish I was better at describing my questions but I'll try to do better.

I understand now about Indiginus but I didn't a few years ago when I bought the instruments. What I'm most interested in is a Steel Guitar. I could buy another Steel guitar I saw for about $150. I guess I'm wondering would buying the full version of Kontakt for about $200 be a better buy or should I give up on Indiginus and purchase the other Steel Guitar for $150. I know it's a personal decision but getting feedback from experienced Kontakt users gives me some confidence.

As for the other question. When I load an instrument I get a choice of how many tracks. With any choice i make there is one track that is labeled "Kontakt" and others labeled KT s1, s2,etc. Focusing on the "Kontakt" track, that is where I choose an instrument to load. Let's say I load horns on this track, is it possible to add a 2nd instrument on this same track or, must I create another Kontakt track and load the 2nd on it?

One more question. What videos could I benefit from by watching them.

Thanks again for taking the time to try and help me. I wish I could communicate better.

Don.....