Is there a way to change the voicing when using Electric Mint?

Doodaman
Doodaman Member Posts: 4 Member
edited October 2022 in Kontakt

I was using the pattern switching. I use articulations maps created in Cakewalk to change the patterns. The articulations work as I would expect with one problem, the voicing reverts back to the "As Played = no voicing generator". Is there a way to change the voicing either by using an articulation or through a MIDI CC#. I can't find anywhere in the manual. I attempted to hover over the voicing control to see if there was a "Learn" function that I could use, but there is none.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• Doodaman
    Answer ✓

@Jeremy_NI  - I tried your solution, but it didn't work. However, I did experiment and found the answer. Apparently, when creating the articulation to switch by using the key switches, if you place a value greater than 0 (zero) into the "Vel/CC", the voicing can be changed and does not revert back to the "As Played" voicing. This was the problem I was having. I could change the voicing, but whenever I changed the key switch, it would revert back to "As Played". I've included a screen shot in hopes to betteer explain. Thanks for your help though, it made me start thinking!

Answers

• Doodaman

I saw that, but if I change the key switch from say C1 to D1, the voicing reverts back to as played. I'm looking for a way to control the voicing either by MIDI CC#'s or a key-switch so that it will play the way I want it to play after a change in the key switch. Thanks for trying to help.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,667 mod

@Doodaman Not sure what you are trying to achieve exactly, it's not possible to MIDI learn the voicings but you can use the same pattern with different settings on 2 different notes.

Also make sure that this setting is not set to off:

• Doodaman

Jeremy_NI - Thanks. I think your suggestion will work. Have to try it later. Didn't think about that. Easy solution!

• Doodaman
    Answer ✓

@Jeremy_NI  - I tried your solution, but it didn't work. However, I did experiment and found the answer. Apparently, when creating the articulation to switch by using the key switches, if you place a value greater than 0 (zero) into the "Vel/CC", the voicing can be changed and does not revert back to the "As Played" voicing. This was the problem I was having. I could change the voicing, but whenever I changed the key switch, it would revert back to "As Played". I've included a screen shot in hopes to betteer explain. Thanks for your help though, it made me start thinking!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,667 mod

@Doodaman Thanks for the update. Glad you've worked that out.