Newbee here, question about 3rd party VSTs

thebluesbutcher
thebluesbutcher Member Posts: 5 Member

Hi. My S88 has not even arrived and I've done no downloading...just studying for now.

Question: with a non-NKS VST, is it possible to map the controls to the KK keybord knobs? If yes, is it easy? Is there a document or video tutorial I could see?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    Answer ✓

In the manual, you'll find how to save a preferred MIDI control template (or several) with the knobs/buttons saved to whatever CC's & toggles that you desire. Just recall the correct template relating to the VST that you're using and go. The assignable CC #'s usually start at 14 and go up.

Answers

• Brad Yost
    edited September 2022

Non NKS instruments can always be mapped in MIDI mode to the smart controls via CC numbers.

DL the s88 manual and read the section on MIDI control.

• thebluesbutcher
    thebluesbutcher Member Posts: 5 Member

Thanks. The first thing I see is: "when KOMPLETE KONTROL is loaded as a plug-in." So I think I get that. It seems that when I get started, I just learn how to map the controls of the nonNKS vst to the KK buttons and save as a favorite. I hope I have that right. If not please reply again. There are many terms i don't know yet... It's fun to learn this all tho... thanks again

• Brad Yost
    Answer ✓

In the manual, you'll find how to save a preferred MIDI control template (or several) with the knobs/buttons saved to whatever CC's & toggles that you desire. Just recall the correct template relating to the VST that you're using and go. The assignable CC #'s usually start at 14 and go up.