Native Instruments Apple macOS 12 Monterey Compatibility

12346»

Comments

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

Don't worry, MacOS Ventura is out in a few months, so we can start a new list then

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 357 Pro

The joy of the Apple ecosystem. 🙄

If anything, you should point your fingers into that direction. Developers permanently get it in the rear end from them.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

I'm sorry to confirm that Maschine MK1 is not supported on current Mac systems.

• solsta
    solsta Member Posts: 93 Helper
    edited August 2022

Hey friend, no more compatibility with maschine 1 unfortunately. The newer versions of Mac OS may be unable to recognise them, "although it is not officially supported, the following workaround might help you get it running on macOS 10.12, 10.13, and 10.14:

Note: This workaround is not working on macOS 10.15 (or higher) anymore."

edit in the support.nativeinstruments site just search for an article named "My maschine controller does not start"

it has instructions for workarounds in case you're not running 10.15, good chance somebody has figured out some way to get it working at least partially online but that might involve a good bit of searching.

I couldn't link the article in here *edit*

• robbie
    robbie Member Posts: 13 Member

With most of these post from Jan/Feb, any word on how the beta versions are going?

• Distinctly Identical
    Distinctly Identical Member Posts: 18 Member

How did u-he (for example) get all their plugins Apple Silicon Native before the new Macs even hit the shelves, and NI takes 2 years?

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 389 Pro
    edited August 2022

It's stuff of legends, really. They did it by means of magic, of course. And they also managed to catch last few purple unicorns. Without those unicorns - no luck, just like NI. 😂

It's all Apple's fault anyway... (just joking, but be prepared for this kind of answers on this Apple unfriendly forum, which is dominated by arrogant PC users, who think Mac users are not worthy of NI's timely support and that NI should ditch Apple altogether and concentrate on PC platform only).

• adissu
    adissu Member Posts: 5 Member

I think NI focuses more on this endless (for me useless) list of sound packages, where any potentially famous X, Y or Z (I have never heard about one of them) has created unforgettable, never-seen and unbelievable sounds which you must buy, instead of maintaining their purchased products. I get once or twice the week ads to buy that stuff knowing that it will take months again to test if it will work on the latest macOS.

It is absolutely ridiculous that it takes months each year to ensure that the software will work on the latest macOS - which by the way is already yet available in beta status for exactly those developers to get their software updated within an few days after the macOS release. I assume this is a single person at NI who is responsible and doing the regression testing once in a year.

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 389 Pro
    edited August 2022

Being serious, I think NI priorities lie elsewhere. Either it is financial problem, or the user base is predominantly PC/Win or their code is ancient.

Probably all of the above...

For me, every year antics with new Mac OS version compatibility always tell me a lot about the developer and their adherence to Apple's programming guidelines.

• Distinctly Identical
    Distinctly Identical Member Posts: 18 Member

Financial problems... caused by years of maintaining ancient code and ignoring macOS :) But hey, we got Alicia Keys now! Remember when she got involved with Blackberry? .. Remember Blackberry? It was nice knowning y'all :)

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 231 Advisor

@ Native Instruments,

please!

I'm not an early adopter by any means, but why are we forced to wait so long for compatibility. Its over a year now. Theres a new OS out and Im still waiting for Reaktor to be Monterey compatible and I dont want to move to Monterey until it is. I can't update Logic because I need at least Monterey. You talk about working towards making everything Ventura compatible but what about Monterey? Seriously, are you going to bypass this OS?

PLease give us some more info on this?

• Jeremy_NI

@Jojo123 Even though Reaktor 6 wasn't officially tested on MacOs 12, butit has been working without issues for most of users (if not all). The MacOs compatibility being quite a topic these days, we have now automated processes to ensure compatibilty. So, yes, Reaktor 6, when it will be updated will probably ensure compatibilty for Ventura and Monterey directly.

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 231 Advisor

@Jeremy_NI thankyou for your response.

Im not sure what you mean by "we have now automated processes to ensure compatibilty"

I know Reaktor has been scheduled for early 23' for silicon, but is there any news for how soon for Monterey? Im on intel Mac. I'll be steering well clear of Ventura for some time to come.

Thanks.

• Jeremy_NI

Everything will come at once. You still should be able to use Reaktor 6 on Monterey, there were no issues reported.

This discussion has been closed.