How to emulate Mouse Double Click on Mac Keyboard

Chilled
Chilled Member Posts: 22 Member

When I am using KK Software I can navigate KK libraries using my arrow keys. But when I find a sound I want to load I have to reach for my Mouse and double click? Is there a way around this beside buy a A or S series keyboard? I use a Push 2 and Ableton Live 11. Thanks.

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    Answer ✓

The issue is how the DAW intercepts the Enter key. There are some plugins that appear to be able to steal focus of this Enter key somehow but other plugins won't react because the Enter key is grabbed by the DAW host before it reaches the plugin, some keys will be like this and same thing happens in some other plugins.

Windows it's pretty easy to automate things like mouse klicks and I even have a library script I developed that can access and automate every part of the KK interface including loading a preset, switching presets, sending a search and detecting a preset, labelling controls etc. so it's all possible... in Windows, macOS is far more cumbersome to do this kind of trickery because it's not as open to gaining control of the pointer and things so nothing I have works on mac at all. I think best hope would be Keyboard Maestro but not sure if that can do things like image positioning or coods relative to window etc.

Answers

• inmazevo
    inmazevo Member Posts: 25 Helper

On my machine (iMac with Logitech K380 keyboard), selecting the previews with the up/down key and then clicking 'Enter/Return' works.

It's a little wonky: for example, if Komplete Kontrol reports that a preview's instrument isn't installed, clicking enter to dismiss this dialog doesn't take me back anywhere useful (like the preview panel again)... so I have to use the mouse to get back into the preview listing. Tab doesn't do it either.

It's the little things... I find THAT really annoying.

Hopefully, pressing Enter will work for you.

• Chilled
    edited September 2022

Thank you, but I tried that. On my Mac Keyboard ( Mac Mini) and older Mac keyboard from former iMac it does not work for me. I have even tried clicking the key twice. Its a funny thing. When I use KK stand alone it works. But in Live 11 it does not work. Weird huh.

It is the inconsistencies the both me as well. Such as what you have said.

I truly hope when KK becomes M1 Native they also make the screen resizable and modernize things.

• inmazevo
    inmazevo Member Posts: 25 Helper

Ah bummer; yeah, same here.

Doubly annoyed.

I actually don't use Komplete Kontrol much; I gave it a good go. Just sort of an odd afterthought kind of thing if you don't use the hardware, and I have too many midi controllers as it is.

Sorry I couldn't solve it.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    Answer ✓

The issue is how the DAW intercepts the Enter key. There are some plugins that appear to be able to steal focus of this Enter key somehow but other plugins won't react because the Enter key is grabbed by the DAW host before it reaches the plugin, some keys will be like this and same thing happens in some other plugins.

Windows it's pretty easy to automate things like mouse klicks and I even have a library script I developed that can access and automate every part of the KK interface including loading a preset, switching presets, sending a search and detecting a preset, labelling controls etc. so it's all possible... in Windows, macOS is far more cumbersome to do this kind of trickery because it's not as open to gaining control of the pointer and things so nothing I have works on mac at all. I think best hope would be Keyboard Maestro but not sure if that can do things like image positioning or coods relative to window etc.

• Chilled
    edited September 2022

Thank you JesterMgee. BTW: I use your Freelance NKS Libs on all my non-NKS synths. Fabulous.