Absynth is dead

Options

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Options

I meant 22+ years in heavy use and then many decades by "advanced" users that will be able to get propper virtualizators of vintage technologies.... I am sure there will be people willing to run it even in 100+ more years. If there will be some people on the planet, which is not that sure....

• MATAKAO
    MATAKAO Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options
  • MATAKAO
    Options

"But understand most modern producers don't use "NI Golden Age" devices as Matakao calls it, now and days."

How to be sure about this? What are the most "modern producers" : The young, the old ?

• MATAKAO
    Options

"R.I.P Absynth, keep hope alive FM8"

@ the P.O.T.Y I hope too... dreaming about a possible living "mega FM9" synth by N.I, but maybe it's just a dream.

• andalassamXX
    andalassamXX Member Posts: 53 Helper
    edited September 2022
    Options

If Absynth is dead, then other instruments are also inevitable, and time will prove it.

• The P.O.T.Y
    The P.O.T.Y Member Posts: 41 Member
    Options

I was saying I understand you. Not age, but "modern" as technique, skill, and use of today.

• Milkman
    Milkman Member Posts: 211 Advisor
    Options

You did? Which of the initials are yours, which are connected to each preset? I dont see your sig in the software.

And this means you get to contradict the dev's own words? "Its like Absynth, but better"? You get to contradict the sonic signature of this synth? The genre affinities and stylistic similarities? heh ok.

Yeah instruments are super subjective. I guess each one of us gets to conclude on their own if this is Absynth's spiritual successor, or not.

• Milkman
    Options

Perhaps NI should "look at current trends" and just replace all instruments and complex tools with STEMs and AI music & percussion generators. So they can stay "modern" and keep up with the demand. 😂

• Philippe
    Philippe Member Posts: 56 Helper
    edited September 2022
    Options

No, initials were designers choice, and not everyone did. Brian did not. I did not.Oddiction did not, neither Databroth etc

Did you really miss my name "Philippe Loiseau for Trajectoire" in the about box ? And if you look at the 1.2 Additions folder, first preset is mine, also Angles and Demons etc I made 20 for 1.0, 20 for 1.1 and 20 for 1.2

OK now ? I contradict nothing, just say they are different synths, offering some common but also different colors, as everyone knows. As for successor, obviously it is, as it comes after Absynth, and from the same smart mind, with same vision of music and sound. But successor does not mean identical.

And if I made these factory presets and two premium banks, you could have guessed I love it much

• Milkman
    Options

I wouldnt assume that was you, but thanks for your thoughts, presets or no presets. In the end, I am extremely satisfied with what Brian made, I appreciate that this is the spiritual successor to Absynth - per your opinions, or per my own - and I will continue enjoying Plasmonic as a much improved instrument. Perhaps after I've made some presets, I can earn the right to compare Plasmonic to Absynth. =P

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    Options

Since you start this forum there was no category for Absynth. Do you know at this time Jan/Feb 2022 that you bury Absynth in autumn?

Bye bye Green Lady.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,354 Expert
    edited September 2022
    Options

If whether having it’s own forum is an indication of longevity, then the future of several products, including FM8 and Massive is questionable. And with that, the future of the Maschine+ as well.

I sincerely hope this is not the case.

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    Options

I sincerely hope this is not the case.

This will show the near (or far) future.

• unrealone
    unrealone Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Absynth 2000 2022, a statement from Absynth's creator Brian Clevinger

Brian Clevinger Happy to do an update.

Will FM8 be next? FM8 Just needs an interface update.

Brian Clevinger has made the most powerful Synth on the planet but cannot update it to run on the new Apple?

• Mikeharper
    Mikeharper Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited September 2022
    Options

So stupid question if I am on Kontact 13 and UPGRADE to Kontact 14 standard. It should still be there correct? But I cant install on a new computer?