Guitar Rig & Voice microphones

Options
RodJF
RodJF Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi, is it possible to use a voice dynamic microphone as input for Guitar Rig (to be processed)? I guess answer is yes, but any advice and detail would be much appreciated. Actual question is: for live performance (guitar + voice), do I need a separated output for the voice (from guitar), and hence a separated voice amplifier (additional to the guitar one)? I've already tried to channel both to the same amplifier (single output) and no way to hear the voice. However it has been possible to channe both at the same time to the headphones! What I'm trying to do is to use Guitar Rig to play guitar and voice at the same time through Guitar Rig. Do I need two amplifier speakers in case it's possible or it's a way to use only one? Many thanks!

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, I assume you are using Guitar Rig 6 Standalone... If so, attached is a preset that will allow you to connect a guitar to your left input and the Mic to your Right input. The preset uses the "Split" component that routes the left input to an amp (I used Twang Reverb, but can be replaced with any amp) and the right input goes to a vocal preset (Powerful Vocals)... here is a screenshot.

make sure you have the input set to stereo (green box at top) and make sure that the L/R button is engaged on the split mix component (bottom green box...this sends the left channel to route A or guitar and the right channel to route B or vocal) you can then use the x-Fade slider to balance the two and the pan controls for stereo placement (if you are using a stereo amp). All you need to do is unzip the .zip and then import the Twang and Vocal preset file from the file menu. Let me know if it works out for you.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, I assume you are using Guitar Rig 6 Standalone... If so, attached is a preset that will allow you to connect a guitar to your left input and the Mic to your Right input. The preset uses the "Split" component that routes the left input to an amp (I used Twang Reverb, but can be replaced with any amp) and the right input goes to a vocal preset (Powerful Vocals)... here is a screenshot.

make sure you have the input set to stereo (green box at top) and make sure that the L/R button is engaged on the split mix component (bottom green box...this sends the left channel to route A or guitar and the right channel to route B or vocal) you can then use the x-Fade slider to balance the two and the pan controls for stereo placement (if you are using a stereo amp). All you need to do is unzip the .zip and then import the Twang and Vocal preset file from the file menu. Let me know if it works out for you.

• RodJF
    Options

Very kind of you Blindeddie! I will try to do as you say and I will let you know the results. I'ts the first time I try to do something apart from input my guitar to Guitar Rig and record what I play and / or send it to an amplifier, just placing in the middle best choice pre configured banks. Thank you very much!

• RodJF
    Options

It did work Blindeddie! Though I had to map / translate your indications to Guitar Rig 3, and I don't include any processing for my voice for now. The point is that now, I can drive both guitar and voice in paralel through Guitar Rig to a headseat or speaker, and record it. Much appreciated!