Lack of amp development, looper, proper live midi implementation etc, etc....

Options
2»

Comments

• iKalamaZoo
    iKalamaZoo Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I remember that since september 2020 a NI beta tester said that "new amp models will be coming in updates"... well, almost three years since that threat on NI former forum and nothing was added untill now... I can't imagine how users who bought GR6 with PRE-INTRO-price are feeling right now with the promises that "more stuff will be added"...

Let's see, the last GR5 update was 5.2.2, it was sort of june, 2016, the main feature of this new update is to introduce “usage data tracking” and according to NI this information helps them better understand how people use the software. This, in turn, allows them to develop the software in the way that best suits the users. So, I must assume that all this time NI known about this bugs by this feature called "usage data tracking".

So, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, and no one to fix this small bugs in GR5... All this years colecting "usage data tracking". Well, it seems that this data tracking is not working, maybe, so, let's see if we can make it work by posting here some good constructive feedback. Maybe until 2026 we can get a good and decent IR loader with a blender function into GR6.

Regarding GR6:

0) No new ICM amps in also three years

1) They killed live performance mode in GR6. GR5 is far way better!

2) There's no guitar IR loader (Reflektor is not a guitar IR loader, it's not even close!)

3) The sound is basically the same of Guitar Rig 5 (but in HQ mode)

4) MIDI works like a downgrade compared to GR5, no compatibility to work with MIDI foot controllers like MeloAudio, AirStep and others

5) It seems that GR6 is just a stylish GUI

6) Preset manager is king of a downgrade

As musicians, we need to evolve our ears and our sound not our eyes seeing the same old things seeming to be more beautiful or stylish. Its just like as if you were not changing the "core" of a thing, which is the sound quality, but the appearance, which is the whole visual appearance. Would be nice ICM versions of "old" stuff.

I love the visual of GR6, really do, but would be better to get a better sound quality in ten years rather than a visual quality in ten years. When listening, mixing or evaluating a song, close your eyes, let the ears do the job. When you take care more about the visual stuff rather than the sound quality, you're programmer or whatever else, but not a musician.

• Gandi
    Gandi Member Posts: 56 Helper
    Options

Hi @iKalamaZoo,

what surprises me is that I still visit the forum here at all.

Other suppliers have long advanced. 

• iKalamaZoo
    iKalamaZoo Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

This forum has no meaning to NI, they removed a lot of "likes" interactions, the interface seems more difficult to read the discussions, the users are commenting less frequent... anyway, I think this is just a place to "scream without any consequence".

The better we can do is to migrate our products to another developer.

That's what I'm doing with GR6. License sold, anymway.

• Wouter De Muynck
    Wouter De Muynck Member Posts: 217 Pro
    Options

I'm still hoping for a serious upgrade, but hope is fading out to be honest....