Massive X: Status/Future (v2022)?
Dear NI team,
now that Massive X has received a usable browser in May 2022 (long awaited, much appreciated, and usable, but nothing too fancy in my eyes, however, concerning, say, presets ranking, and especially 3rd party and user presets handling), and the plugin itself has turned 3 years old just the next month, what are Native Instruments' plans on further MX updates and upgrades? I still like to quote the manual's WELCOME section: "MASSIVE X will grow, adapt, and evolve with regular updates both inspired by, and to inspire its users." The new preset browser doesn't mean the glorious symphonic finale of MX's development, does it?
I still know Massive X is a fantastic sounding synthesizer, and I know there had been some updates that not only had maintenance reasons (such as M1 compatability), like useful additions to existing modules. But nothing as fancy as advertised, however, and far away from great additions some competitors offer.
I still propose the following enhancments, which I'd like to see complemented and thought further to many additional ideas by Native Instruments' creative minds:
- Performer: Presets! It'd be a pleasure to be able to save and load custom-made performer sequences. It's very tedious having to re-sculpt modulations on every new patch.
- Performer: Copy/Paste: I'd like to be able to copy performer parts, at least inside of one performer. It's very tedious to exactly redproduce modulations for different bars manually, before finetuning them from there.
- Enter values: I like being able to work precisely, and sometimes I just need to enter, say, a modulation frequency value by hand directly.
- Visualization of modulation assignments: I really like the concept of the mouse hovering over the modulation source's crosshatch leading to a visual indication of the modulation targets by the appearance of circles of the same color as the modulator! Since this doesn't work on currently hidden areas yet, I propose the following: Please implement color circles as an overlay to the respective category. Example: L5 modulates different destinations. If Insert effect B is one of them, but Insert A is visually active, then there should be a green circle above B when hovering on L5's crosshatch, so the user knows there's a modulation hiding at all. There should be color circles, respectively, over P1, P2, P3 to T1, T2, T3, T4 as well as X, Y and Z. Otherwise the user has to step through all panels manually to reveal possible routings.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Modulations coulf be visualized with live motions on each respective parameter.
- Wavetable visualization should not only change when moving the position knob, but also when being modulated (e.g. by a Macro knob).
- MIDI learn for all parameters, not just macros.
- Wavetables: Import
- Wavetables: Editor
- MPE implementation
All the best
Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,137 admin
Thanks for the detailed feedback and your feature request Lucas.
Massive X development is still ongoing aside from other projects. We cannot focus 100% on it and bring as much as new features as we'd like to, but the new browser paved the way to additional enhancements and new features for the future. We cannot commit to any timeline yet, but rest assured more updates will come, starting with the M1 compatibility.
I'll definitely forward your comment to our team though!0
- 10.7K All Categories
- 20 Welcome
- 444 Hangout
- 58 NI News
- 207 Tech Talks
- 1.1K Native Access
- 4.9K Komplete
- 619 Komplete General
- 1.1K Komplete Kontrol
- 1.8K Kontakt
- 486 Reaktor
- 154 Battery 4
- 268 Guitar Rig & FX
- 202 Massive X & Synths
- 212 Other Software & Hardware
- 2.3K Maschine
- 14 Sampling Room
- 2.6K Traktor
- 2.4K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators