Larry Good
Larry Good Member Posts: 36 Member
edited August 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

What is komplete Kontrol virtual. this is from cubase studio

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

The KK wrapper can be set to also output midi from VST2/VST3 instruments to feed other midi tracks/instruments. For example; record midi using the keyboard 'chord' function using just single notes and that midi track will only appear with single notes (but driving chords in playback). Now set up another midi track with the midi input FROM the KK instance, and it will record the actual full chords. Same applies to the arpeggiator function.

Kind of a 'pseudo midi-thru' if you will.

I don't know if my DAW shows it as an input cuz I've never looked. I usually just engage that 'on-the-fly' when I need it, and disengage immediately when done.

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

The KK wrapper can be set to also output midi from VST2/VST3 instruments to feed other midi tracks/instruments. For example; record midi using the keyboard 'chord' function using just single notes and that midi track will only appear with single notes (but driving chords in playback). Now set up another midi track with the midi input FROM the KK instance, and it will record the actual full chords. Same applies to the arpeggiator function.

Kind of a 'pseudo midi-thru' if you will.

I don't know if my DAW shows it as an input cuz I've never looked. I usually just engage that 'on-the-fly' when I need it, and disengage immediately when done.