CPU overload and no sounds for few seconds when loading a library patch

2»

Answers

• Wojciech Ozimek
    Wojciech Ozimek Member Posts: 22 Member

Guys @Jeremy_NI

I have a similar issue. i use a Macbook pro m1 max 32 Gb and only internal SSD drive 2 Tb with Cubase 12 in Rosseta 2 mode yet as I use KK S61 as my main controller (hopefully not for too long anymore). I have Kontakt 13 select and noticed that the Kontakt player consumes a lot of resources with some sounds - up to 30% of processor - the winner is the Ethereal Earth. This does not change in M1 native mode or standalone. Generally, Kontakt plugin can load sometimes 10-15 sec in Cubase.

When I open the Komplete Kontrol application (which I use a lot with Cubase) these Kontakt sounds cause CPU Overload and audio dropouts.

Please help

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

And is not it normal and expectable that loading library takes some time? Some Kontakt libraries are pretty big and it may take few seconds to load even on strong computer and fast SSD disc.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,670 mod

@Wojciech Ozimek Does Komplete Kontrol and Cubase have Full Disk Access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS What version of Kontakt are you using?

• Wojciech Ozimek

Well, it is normal but ..... on the other hand, my 12-year-old PC was faster than a brand new Mac M1 Max bought for a pretty significant amount of money in the realm of accessing those libraries, plus as I mentioned I am getting CPU overload messages - is it normal?

• Wojciech Ozimek
    edited October 2022

@Jeremy_NI yes it has full access, I followed the advice in this thread so far. it is Kontakt Player 6 v 6.7.1

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,670 mod

@Wojciech Ozimek Where are your libraries stored ? On an external hard drive ? What format is that drive ? We recommend APFS, as explained here: Notes on Hard Drive Formats on Mac Computers

IF it has nothing to do with the above, it could be an issue with the M1 Max chip. That should be fixed by the upcoming update of Komplete Kontrol that should be released in a couple of weeks.

• Wojciech Ozimek

@Jeremy_NI it is an internal Mac disc - 2Tb.

Yes, I am impatiently looking forward to this release! It all goes well, I want to update to Komplete 14 standard:)

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

Well, it is normal but ..... on the other hand, my 12-year-old PC was faster than a brand new Mac M1 Max bought for a pretty significant amount of money in the realm of accessing those libraries, plus as I mentioned I am getting CPU overload messages - is it normal?

It may do something with big.little concept and/or some kind of quirkiness of M1 Pro/Max/Ultra. It is somehow different from M1. What runs OK on M1, may have problems on Pro/Max/....