Battery Missing Samples

Tyr
Tyr Member Posts: 11 Member
edited July 2022 in Battery 4

I am having an issue with missing samples with Battery. When I open a new song in my DAW or open Battery in standalone on my MacBook it loads up all the samples and kits no problem but when I open up a pre-existing song that I started on my PC i get a dialogue box for missing samples, I have run through the guide on this site for missing samples. I can do a scan for the missing samples and it finds the samples, but when I save the song and close it then re-open it again can't find the samples and shows the missing samples dialogue box so it isn't fixing the problem, anyone able to help with this please?

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Tyr
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

This is the link to the other thread if you wanna have a read through it, I agree it is not a great solution but it's the only one I've found that has worked. In this thread I think they are stating it is a bug with Battery and the likelihood of it being fixed anytime soon is low as they are currently prioritizing M1 native compatibility and VST3. I think in this thread they offer another solution. Something about saving the kit into your project / song folder, so when opening up on a 2nd computer it will find the files (double check the thread though as I couldn't remember exactly what that solution was)

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

You need to “save” the Kit, saving the project alone does not save the sample location!

• Tyr

Thanks for the reply.

The save kit option is 'greyed out' I have tried doing 'save kit as' then saving my song again. When I close the song and re-open I still get the missing samples dialogue box and have to do a search for the samples so it hasn't worked.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Strange, it seems to do the trick for me. 🤔 What DAW are you using?

• Tyr

I'm using Studio One, I also use Ableton but only recently so haven't actually used Battery in the couple of projects I've done in Ableton. I have just seen another thread that I hadn't seen when I created this one that seems to but a similar issues and it looks like a bit of a bug with Battery itself.

A customer care / moderator replied in that thread with this work around, a bit long winded and irrating but it has worked (I am assuming that 'save patch per instance' meant 'Save Kit As' as I didn't see any save patch option in the Battery plugin, but that has worked.

1. open the session, 
    2. resolve the missing samples, 
    3. save the patch per instance, 
    4. delete all instances (but not the MIDI tracks), 
    5. save the session, close the DAW.
    6. Open the session again, load the instances, load the saved patches, save the session.

• webhunter
    webhunter Member Posts: 2 Member

@Tyr I don't know how NI can claim that it is a workable solution. In my installation a LOT of the kits are missing samples. It would take ages to fix.

And frankly, I have so far not been able to "resolve the missing samples" for a single kit. They are simply not there.

The factory library and all expansions show as installed in Native Access. Not sure what to do.

• Tyr
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

This is the link to the other thread if you wanna have a read through it, I agree it is not a great solution but it's the only one I've found that has worked. In this thread I think they are stating it is a bug with Battery and the likelihood of it being fixed anytime soon is low as they are currently prioritizing M1 native compatibility and VST3. I think in this thread they offer another solution. Something about saving the kit into your project / song folder, so when opening up on a 2nd computer it will find the files (double check the thread though as I couldn't remember exactly what that solution was)