massive x standalone/komplete kontrol virtual keyboard

eraser
eraser Member Posts: 2 Member
edited June 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi,

updated my komplete version and thought it would be nice to fool around with Massive X.

well, can't find the Massive X stand alone version... do I have to open a DAW when I want to play with it?

Then I saw there was komplete Kontrol so I installed the soft (slow, sluggish...) and could load Massive X in there (yet another layer? a standalone version would make it so quick...) BUT can't for the sake of me find a virtual keyboard to play notes with the keyboard of my laptop. Back to square one.

Why is there no standalone version of Massive X?

Why no virtual keyboard in Kontrol?

I find the user experience to be very bad (native access 2 is also sluggish and slow compared to v1, kontrol opens massive at 100% and it does not fit the screen at all...). I do have a synth with a keyboard but like to just open softs from time to time and play without having to connect anything.

I did find a virtual midi keyboard that can connect to KK but that's like 3 softs to play with massive X?

Am I missing a simple feature hidden somewhere in the settings?

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 CEO
    Answer ✓

No virtual KB in KK as it was designed to be used with a hardware controller.

Why NO SA Massive X...No clue...

You can change the scale of Massive X so that it fits on your screen and it will hold that setting.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,097 Expert
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

Indeed, to use Massive X, you'll need a DAW and, preferably, a real keyboard. If your DAW has a piano roll, you can use that instead.

Komplete Kontrol doesn't have a virtual keyboard. Kontakt does, however: Massive X can't be loaded in Kontakt since it's not a Kontakt instrument.

In conclusion: Open your favorite DAW, add Massive X to a track and play away with the piano roll.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 CEO
    Answer ✓

No virtual KB in KK as it was designed to be used with a hardware controller.

Why NO SA Massive X...No clue...

You can change the scale of Massive X so that it fits on your screen and it will hold that setting.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,097 Expert
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓

Indeed, to use Massive X, you'll need a DAW and, preferably, a real keyboard. If your DAW has a piano roll, you can use that instead.

Komplete Kontrol doesn't have a virtual keyboard. Kontakt does, however: Massive X can't be loaded in Kontakt since it's not a Kontakt instrument.

In conclusion: Open your favorite DAW, add Massive X to a track and play away with the piano roll.

• eraser
    eraser Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2022

Thanks for your replies!

KK is a pity then. Will uninstall as it was sluggish anyway and without a virtual keyboard is basically useless for me.

Massive X will be uninstalled too. I have absolutely no desire to open a DAW every time I just wanna play with the instrument.

Arturia offers a virtual keyboard with all their plugins and they can all be used standalone, that's smart. I use them a lot because it's just so easy. Even though I'm not a huge fan of Kontakt (memory hug, CPU hungry) that's at least practical (The NI libraries are great).

I don't understand NI here with Massive X and KK. kinda feel like they create virtual constraints so you buy their hardware...

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 196 Advisor

Helps to read application requirements before install. Helps to limit the waaah factor.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,270 Guru

I strongly agree. KK should have a built-in virtual keyboard. Should have been there from day one.