Tapedeck no longer auto-naming when saving to disk

Mikey T
Mikey T Member Posts: 11 Member
edited June 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

Firstly, Thank you for the new update!

However, when saving a recorded Tapedeck file to disk, I now have to manually enter a file name before saving. It used to auto name the file "Tapedeck - Date - ###".

I see how name upon save would enable someone to locate a recorded idea more easily. But the previous way allowed for quickly saving and starting a new file without interrupting the flow. Especially when getting a series of new ideas down.

Personally, I prefer to re-name the file after listening back and then label according to the content (grading the take and adding some performance notes). I like when each Tapedeck file is a surprise not knowing what's in the file! Then I can truly test if the file stands out & surprises me!

Mainly, I'm so used to recording an idea, then saying out loud: "Stop &... SAVE" (with a little lean forward so I don't accidentally start a new file without saving). lol (Have done that!)

But I can get used to just typing a quick number on the number pad with my pick hand and hitting ENTER.

Kind regards,

Mike

Tagged:

Comments

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod

Hey @Mikey T ,

it seems that you might have found a bug. Afaikt there should be a default file name when saving from the Tapedecks. I'll look into it and we will hopefully fix this with the next update.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Eddie

• Mikey T
    edited June 2022

Thank you Eddie! I knew I could count on your reply as you have always responded in the past.

I managed to get a lot of successive ideas recorded and saved just before this occurred. I'm in listen back mode now and very appreciative of the "loop button remembers last state" update!

Actually glad to hear it's a bug and not a new default. It happened once before some time back and was fixed soon thereafter.

You guys are awesome and GR6 is my program of choice. Have written & recorded all my best ideas with it and glad to be part of the user feedback process.

Hope to share in the future.

Thanks again!

Mike

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod

Hi @Mikey T,

I'm happy to hear that you are having productive sessions using Guitar Rig 6 😁

I'm also happy to report that the file name bug will be fixed with the next update of Guitar Rig 6. Thanks again for reporting this 👍️

Cheers,

Eddie

• Mikey T

Great to hear Eddie!

My GR6 sessions are continuing to go well. Both listening back and recording added material!

I've never experienced such an effusion of creativity or recorded this much with another program.

I'm pleased to hear about the forthcoming update and very appreciative of your replies and the attention the Team has given to matters.

Cheers,

Mike