Routing an E-Drum (hardware) to a NI Drum Library (Software)

Axel Vapaa
Axel Vapaa Member Posts: 5 Member
edited June 2022 in Kontakt

Hi all,

I'm understanding it's possible to route a hardware MIDI e-drum to a NI library (AR Modern Drummer for example).

I'm trying to understand how to set it up (couldn't find anything in the user guide for the AR Modern Drummer library).

I'm guessing you can add the e-drum as a MIDI instrument (input) and use it to trigger the different samples in AR Modern Drummer?

Do you know what kind of e-drum I should get that's compatible with NI drum libraries?

Thanks for your help

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Any E-drum kit could be used and mapped to the AR libraries, but the library provides several Midi Map presets for a couple of drum kits. (see screenshot, Options Tab --> Midi Mapping -->Presets) That page also allows you to assign Midi Notes to specific drums if the included Maps do not match the Kit... You would need to refer to the documentation of the specific kit and adjust the mappings accordingly. There should also be a section in the Manual called "Midi Mapping", it is not super detailed, but addresses a little bit about E-Drum mapping.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Any E-drum kit could be used and mapped to the AR libraries, but the library provides several Midi Map presets for a couple of drum kits. (see screenshot, Options Tab --> Midi Mapping -->Presets) That page also allows you to assign Midi Notes to specific drums if the included Maps do not match the Kit... You would need to refer to the documentation of the specific kit and adjust the mappings accordingly. There should also be a section in the Manual called "Midi Mapping", it is not super detailed, but addresses a little bit about E-Drum mapping.