Why is every other hit louder (using Mouse clicks)?

2»

Answers

• Ghost_Train
    Ghost_Train Member Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2022

If that's really what they did, that seems like an odd design decision. Its hard to believe but after seeing they're page describing it as a good thing...

https://soundbridge.io/cycle-random-round-robin/

I still think this should be optional. In a way it seems like a selling gimmick for people new to music production. And feel like I'm making it out to be a much bigger deal than it actually is while explaining in detail and answering questions, etc. Its just annoying and seems like a useless feature for real life application; mouse click previews.

But thankfully the problem is only there when mouse clicks.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod

No it's not round robin. I'm pretty sure it's a windows mouse thing, try to set the double click tempo as short as you can and try, then long and try again - then you will notice. But of course it must be some issue in the code cause other samplers can do it correctly. But it's for me at least not a high priority thing, i don't play my drums with the mouse, only to try a sound maybe sometimes.

• Ghost_Train

Hey you're right. I noticed it changes with the mouse double click speed. Going to just leave it on fast. Thanks for "pointing" that out.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,326 mod
    edited June 2022

This is not a software bug and it doesn't have any solution... and the explain is really simple!

Mouse, is not a midi controller, so it doesn't respond to velocity. So, it will always give you the louder available sound! Any kind of workaround, it will be temporarily and when you open the program next time, the "problem" will be there again. 😊

That's it! Mouse clicks (and Trackpad clicks too) are not velocity sensitive.

• Ghost_Train
    edited June 2022

Yes, that is clear now. It has been reported. I had further discussion with support after what Uwe303 said. I would still consider this a bug since its the software's response to a normal mouse input. Seems like more of an oversight than anything. But thankfully its not a game stopper. Time will tell if it ever actually gets fixed.

• Ghost_Train

It is. It was programmed to do what it does. We know that it was coded to be a feature that responds to double clicks. The only two ways around it are: 1. Don't double click and 2. change the Voices number to '1' under Voice Groups. But its annoying to have to do this on every kit.

Thankfully it does not respond to midi notes with the same behavior or id cast Battery to the depths forever.

• DannyDan
    DannyDan Member Posts: 12 Member

Ive just come across this, glad to see some work arounds! Wondering if there might be a fix anytime soon..