Guitar Rig Tips we sometimes forget!

JonasRR
JonasRR Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi 😁

Guitar Rig Tips we sometimes forget!

Some Effects and AMPS have a “hidden” panel with which we can move advanced parameters to be more precise.

I'll leave a picture so you can find them.

The Choral effect has 4 chorus modes, each with its own sound characteristic and modulation behavior. It is not so obvious to find them.

I'll leave a picture so you can find them.

If you have a Sims Amp from another company and you don't like the IR's you can disable them, then insert a Guitar Rig and place a Matched Cabinet Pro or a Control Room Pro and get a spectacular sound.

Thanks and enjoy your NI tools 🤩

Tagged:

Comments

• Danny Young
    Danny Young Member Posts: 4 Member

I just wished the new ICM-based (or whatever the new modules, introduced from 6 on upwards are called) still had these deep editing parameters.

• Gandi
    Gandi Member Posts: 61 Helper

Hi @Danny Young ,

what would you do with it? What “gap” do you have with the new amps?
    The ICM models respond so well to my playing and to my particular guitar that I don't miss the old options. The old amps had a tendency not to take the input signal fully into account. With the IMC amps, I can manage this perfectly with the tone controls, the volume potentiometer, etc.

• Danny Young
    Danny Young Member Posts: 4 Member

Ahoi, @Gandi

I have no problem with new stuff being added to the table.

I just like to be able to voltage starve the older models, to get an earlier and more dirty
    breakup into distortion, which works like an additional gain control/EQ for me,
    as well as to be able to determine at which point they start to sag.

Never was a fan of traditional amp voicings/gain-stagings.
    More control over more parameters, no matter if my settings "make sense" to anyone
    but me, just enables me to be more creative in sculpting my personal idea of a good
    sound/feel. I take pleasure in "abusing" tech-stuff, for lack of better word, twisting stuff
    to do things they never really were meant to do in the first place. That's the cool thing
    about virtual amps. They "last"…runnings real amps on settings I like to do digitally
    would, in most cases, shorten their real-life lifespan to a couple of seconds before
    they start malfunctioning.

Guess my Kempers spoiled me in that regard. Plenty of possibilities to manipulate
    the feel/reactiveness and sound of a rig in ways that never would be possible in the
    real world.

Cheers
    Danny