Create your own unique Multi Instruments in Kontakt [Komplete 15 Giveaway Entry]

AndromedaX8
AndromedaX8 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi everyone,

I would like to share a little tip I like to do in Kontakt. A lot of you probably know this already but I like to load two or more instruments at once into Kontakt and create new interesting sounds that way.

To do that simply drag one instrument into Kontakt and then add another one below that. Just make sure that both instances are set to the same midi channel, for example [A] 1, so that you can play both instruments at the same time.

Of course you don't need to stop at two, you can load as many instruments as you like (or your computer can handle) into Kontakt and get creative.

For example you could load a string ensemble patch and some woodwinds or choir together, or add a synth pad for a more hybrid sound.
A piano and an atmospheric pad also always work great together.
This way you can get really unique and inspiring sounds to work with and it's a lot of fun to combine all kinds of patches.

You will notice that there is sometimes a volume difference between instruments, or you want one of them to be louder or quieter. To get the right balance for your multi simply adjust the volume of each patch in the upper right corner until it sounds good to you.

After you found a combination of instruments you really like, you can save it as a new multi.
Simply click on the save icon at the top in Kontakt and choose "Save multi as…".
Choose a name for your new multi instrument and save it in your preferred location.

Now you can always quickly load your multi into Kontakt.
You can make your own unique collection of multi instruments like that.
Have fun! :)

Bonus tip: If you have Guitar Rig 7, try using it on all kinds of sound sources, not just guitar.
If you have a sound that is a bit boring, just add Guitar Rig 7 and start by going through the presets until you find something interesting. You will get really surprising results!

Thank you for this amazing giveaway Native Instruments! I'm super excited for Komplete 15 and also for the new Kontakt 8! :)