Komplete Kontrol MK3, MIDI Templates, and DAW Integration

laserbeak
laserbeak Member Posts: 170 Helper

Hello,

Playing around with my FL Studio Orchestral Template and the DAW integration has made it a lot easier to navigate my instruments (NICE!).

One thing I've noticed though, I have one Kontakt instance for each section (Brass, Strings, etc). In each section/instance, I have a set of Kontakt instruments ( Brass has Horns Essential, Trombones Essential, etc).

Using this accompanied with my Channel layout in FL, I can trigger each instrument in an instance, but I'm unable to use the NKS features. Has anyone found a way to do this without having to load several instances of Kontakt?

If I select the channel that has the actual Kontakt instance, it seems only-then, can I see the NKS interface, but it's for the first Kontakt instrument in the list only.

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,829 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

this is normal behavior, cause only the first channel of each section is holding the kontakt vstiy as you already pointed out. If you want to have full control over every instrument in each section you would have to load a new kontakt vsti for every instrument, then also the light guide will work.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Hello,

this is normal behavior, cause only the first channel of each section is holding the kontakt vstiy as you already pointed out. If you want to have full control over every instrument in each section you would have to load a new kontakt vsti for every instrument, then also the light guide will work.

• laserbeak

Was afraid of that.

Since MK3 seems to be built around Kontakt, it'd be nice if they added that feature.

Has it been requested?

• Uwe303

Im not aware of that request, the issue also would be, that you don't have an endless amount of host parameter control numbers, so with a certain amount of instruments you could not record movements or native had to change the host parameter behavior. So it's easier to have one kontakt instance per instrument and group them in your DAW.

• laserbeak

Hmm…

That brings me back to the load issues.

There should be a way around that…