I am trying to setup Kontakt 5 for live performance

SYL53
SYL53 Member Posts: 1 Member

I have loaded several instruments into Kontakt and have set it up with my controller to advance from one instrument to the next as needed for my live setlist. All the single instruments I have loaded work fine however there is some songs that require a multi which I have put together and set up the keyboard splitting as needed. However I can't seem to load the multi's into the performance area. Any help would be appreciated as I am new to this.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod

Correct, you can only load instruments in instrument banks. If you need some splits, the way to do that is by creating multiple instrument banks, loading the required single patches to the same program change slot, and programming your splits in Instrument Options of each instrument individually.

• razberri
    razberri Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2023

I use Kontakt for a live band. Some songs require 3 keyboards. I have been using 3 instances of standalone mode, one instance for each keyboardist. Each keyboardist is locked into using specific MIDI channels that no other keyboardist can use.

Would it be better to have 1 Kontakt instance running and having all of our instruments there ? For example giving each person a BANK (01-16, 17-32, 49-64) ?

I'm attaching a screenshot of my 3-instance live environment.

Thank you in advance.