Help please kontakt 7.9 and 10

bob909
bob909 Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
edited 12:01PM in Kontakt

hi there,i'm sam

i updated my mac os to sonoma 14.5 during my holidays,and when i came back to reload all my plug ins and softwares,everything works but Kontakt and guitar rig 6 don't..

i just update kontakt 7.10 on my mac but it appears black screen with no libraires appearing.I went to préferences and everything is well configured and i don't understand what's going on.the libraries are all selected but nothing happens.

even when i try to go back on 7.8 which was working on my last OS Big sur,it's the same.

i have some stems from ten tracks to send for my job next week and most of the tracks are done with kontakt. does anybody got the solution cause i got an emergency work to do for a tv show next week, and i don't know why there's no way to contact or join native instruments about that..

thanks for those who help me find a solution

best regards

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod
    edited July 26 Answer ✓

@bob909 I'm not sure, I'm not a Mac representative. I quickly googled and found on this site:

https://everymac.com/systems/by_capability/maximum-macos-supported.html

If what's written is true, then that would be MacOS 11 (Big Sur), that would need to be checked with Apple.

Have you tried to install the Guitar Rig veersion I posted? Is it still showing a black window?

What about if you install Kontakt 7.8: KONTAKT 7.8 ? Still comes up with a black window?

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

Please make sure you give full disk access to Kontakt and Guitar Rig: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Then try these steps: Kontakt Crashes and Guitar Rig Crashes at Startup

If that doesn't fix the issue, what processor is your iMac? (it's an Intel but it's a bit blurry). Just asking because we've seen the case before. Is this computer officially compatible with Sonoma or did you have to find a workaround to install 14.5 on it? What graphic card is on this iMac and what are your display settings?

• bob909

hi,

thanks for the answer..

it's a 4GHZ intel core i7 quad core from late 2014

i don't know if he was compatible with sonoma, i drop it to a shop for cleaning it and boost it (Ram and hard disk)

the graphic card is AMD RADEON R9 M290X 2Go..

• Jeremy_NI

Thanks for the info. So initial suspicion is confirmed. Sonoma is not supported on your computer:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/105113

So they must have worked around it. Unfortunately there is not much that can be done now. You could use Kontakt 6 instead and I believe Guitar Rig 6.3 should also work: GUITAR RIG 6.3

• bob909

hi

but it works fine with all the other plug ins,it's weird only kontakt and guitar rig..

i used to have Big sur OS and kontakt 7.8 and it worked fine..

• bob909

so which OS would you recommend for my imac please

thanks for the help

• Jeremy_NI
    edited July 26 Answer ✓

@bob909 I'm not sure, I'm not a Mac representative. I quickly googled and found on this site:

https://everymac.com/systems/by_capability/maximum-macos-supported.html

If what's written is true, then that would be MacOS 11 (Big Sur), that would need to be checked with Apple.

Have you tried to install the Guitar Rig veersion I posted? Is it still showing a black window?

What about if you install Kontakt 7.8: KONTAKT 7.8 ? Still comes up with a black window?

• bob909

hello,

yes everything's black..

so i went back to Big sur,i'm gonna reinstall everything today

to have my last configuration.

we keep in touch

thank you for your reactivity

This discussion has been closed.