Triggering (playing) all the cells in Battery 4?

Options
Arepo
Arepo Member Posts: 7 Member
edited May 2022 in Battery 4

I have figured out how to route outputs for each individual sample per cell to tracks (Logic Pro X). What I can't seem to figure out is how to play all the cells in Battery 4. I can click on each individual cell, but I want to play them all and record them playing simultaneously. Even when I load a kit that has all the cells loaded, I can only trigger one at a time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Eric

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Arepo
    Answer ✓
    Options

I think I answered my own question. I was, incorrectly, assuming that Battery 4 could function as a sequencer, mostly because when I would audition the kits they would play all the elements at once. When I'm in Komplete Kontakt and I click on a kit, it plays all the elements, but when I go to Battery 4, it only allows me to trigger them on my keyboard or with my cursor. It's all good. I think I just misunderstood what it could do. Thanks for your help!

Eric

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Options

you would need to use a midi track that sends an event for each cell...or you could set the triggering midi note for each cell to the same note. (C3 for example)

• Arepo
    Options

Thanks. I'm still a bit confused, but I don't think I worded my question very clearly. I've assigned a track for each cell (or rather I dedicated one track and then added auxiliary tracks), but aside from hitting different keys, I can't seem to get them all to play the way they sound when I audition them in Komplete Kontrol. Maybe that's not doable.

• Blindeddie
    Options

Not quite sure what you mean...maybe post a vid od what you mean by "the way they sound when I audition them"

• Arepo
    Answer ✓
    Options

I think I answered my own question. I was, incorrectly, assuming that Battery 4 could function as a sequencer, mostly because when I would audition the kits they would play all the elements at once. When I'm in Komplete Kontakt and I click on a kit, it plays all the elements, but when I go to Battery 4, it only allows me to trigger them on my keyboard or with my cursor. It's all good. I think I just misunderstood what it could do. Thanks for your help!

Eric

• Blindeddie
    Options

OK, just an FYI, the Previews (or auditions) are pre-recorded audio files of a "Perfomance", so you eed to use Midi to Sequence the cells.

• Arepo
    Options

Got it! Thanks so much for taking the time to endure my newbie confusion!

Eric